Brand New Install: A Few Questions

proletarian

Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Hello everyone. Thanks to all of you for this great informational resource.

So I just had Dish installed today and I think I'm satisfied. But, I have a few questions. Hopefully someone can help.

1. My local channel guide data is only showing 1 hour into the future. Is this normal? All other channels show much further.

2. I am located in Kalamazoo, MI 49001. The installer said local HD is coming soon. Will Dish contact me when they are available? Will it be a free install? He mentioned a wing dish.

3. My Vip 722 has already frozen up twice and rebooted. It's well ventilated. Is this normal?

4. My RF 6.3 remote will only power on the television. No other functions will work. It's an Envision L32W761 manufactured by AOC. I tried all codes for both Envision and AOC. Also, I tried the code search to no avail. Do new codes ever become available? If so, is it likely that one may be released which will give me greater control over my tv.

Well, thanks for reading. And, thanks for ALL input.

On your points:
1. it is not normal but it may take several hours for the full guide to come available because it has to download it from the satellite.
2. Dish should contact you about HD locals in your area but don't count on getting a wing dish for free.
3. It is not normal that your 722 has frozen twice.
4. Normally new codes don't become available because the manufacture has to release codes to people like Dish and if they don't get them, you will never get them either

1. I have a 622. Within minutes I usually have a couple hours of guide data, and what seems to be most of it by an hour later.
2. I got an install back in July or August. About 2 months ago Dish launched HD locals in my area and it required a dish pointed in a completely different direction. I had 2 choices, pay $59 for them to come and do the install, or commit to a 2 year sub (I was only 8 months into my current deal so that is what I did). I guess a 3rd option would have been to buy the equipment off the net and do it myself, but I have no plans on leaving Dish so renewing my contract was not an issue.
3. Probably not normal.
4. I would not plan on any new codes. I have to think that would probably require a programming change in the remote. You'd probably have to wait until the next revision comes out and spring for that.

Good luck.

remote

It is possible that the installer has programmed the remote in " limmited mode"This mode only allows for the "tv power" and "volume" functions to work, try to look up the 3 digit code and reprogram the remote.note: limited mode uses a 4 digit code. Its the code + the number 1 . example: sony tv= 500limited mode would be 5001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)