Brand New Latin American FTA Resource

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikekohl

Prehistoric Satellite Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Montfort, Wisconsin
Just finished work on a cross reference of all Latin-American based FTA MPEG-2 signals available on C and Ku-band satellites within the U.S. Lower 48 and Canada. Channels are indexed by originating country and listed by satellite. Recommended antenna size for each satellite is given at top of chart. In addition, we have just completed a pointing angle list for most metro areas in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean, showing every active satellite and angles within 0.1 degrees. Go to www.global-cm.net

Latin American channel list is found opposite the link to our MPEG-2 section, as well as within that section.

Satellite Pointing Angles section links are found near the bottom of our main page.

Enjoy!

Mike

Mike thats a very nice list, you did a good job, sure beats doing all the homework with Lyngsat.

Now all I need is a BUD with a linear and circular polarity feedhorn.

In the meantime, if you can scrounge a 75-E or 84-E Primestar Elliptical antenna, turn it upside down on the mount and rotate the LNBF to about the 7:30 position (for the midwest), and point at Hispasat. I'm having great luck on Hispasat with the 75-E (except when it rains heavily).

Once you find at least an 8 foot BUD, consider a Pansat C-band LNBF, which has a built in ridge at the 45 degree polarity point, which acts as a perfect alignment tool to slip in a dielectric plate for temporary circular reception. You may not get perfect results using this setup with an 8 foot antenna and dielectric plate, but it's someplace to start. If you are not successful, or bored with the results, remove the plate and try your luck at 45, 55.5 or 116.8 West, which are LOADED with Latin American signals on C-band.

One does not have to be fluent in Spanish to enjoy many of these channels---even the commercials are refreshing!
Interesting to note is the big increase in the number of FTA live radio stations in recent weeks and months. Check out the Peruvian group on 55.5 West if you have access to it. (I tried my 5-foot Paraclipse Hydro over there, but found enough sidelobe interference from PAS-9 to make it quite unreliable for many channels. Polarity control on a dish with an LNBF that is just out of reach from a ladder id not fun.
The 5' Hydro is moving to a more accessable location soon!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)