Brand new unactivated receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Does anybody know how much it would cost to own a directv HD receiver or HDDVR through directv I know they sell them at a higher cost than the lease cost. Also do u know which models they would be.

You can buy and own them from the Access Card team by calling Directv.

Last I heard they are around a $300 premium from the regular lease price, so around $400 HD and $500 HD-DVR.
Obviously that could have changed, it isn't something we hear about every day.

Still debating cause dish depot quoted me a price back in February of 279.00 brand new now it's gonna cost me 350.00 so if I can get a newer model for not much more I might be better off doing that

Get one of fleabay, got a like new HR24-200 HDDVR for around $285.00 owned and got a like new HR24-HD Receiver for $165.00 owned. You must call DTV before you buy and verify receiver is owned by the Receiver ID # that all receivers have. You also need to buy a new access card for each receiver for $20.00 each.

When my 2yr contract is up in 6 months I will return one HR24-100 HDDVR & one SD receiver back to DTV. I will be under no contract with my owned HR24-200 HDDVR & HR24-200 receiver! :)

Unless you need to deactivate individual receivers, I can't see why anyone would want to pay more for an owned receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)