BravoHD - when?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BravoHD is not all that great. I have had it for 4 months on voom and have seen nothing new since day one

Looking at their web site listings i see a lot of shows i would like to watch.

TivoFan said:
Looking at their web site listings i see a lot of shows i would like to watch.
I thought the same thing when I got voom. I watched maybe 30 minutes on 1 show in 3 weeks, that was all I had voom before bailing ... and I never left D*

Bravo SD Is GREAT. BravoHD Is The Worst Channel. I Have Had BravoHD On VOOM Since Mid Mar 04 & I Have Watched NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING On It. BRAVO HD Has The West Wing And A Couple Of Boring Concerts & Thats It. They Just Keep Repeating The Same Couple Of Programs Over & Over Again.

I saw one press item that said the end of September 2004, nothing more firm then that.

Bravo HD on D*: sometime after the Olympics.
And now that the NBC takeover of Universal has taken place, NBC cable execs are trying to figure out what kinds of programming to add to their various cable channels: and they are apparently spending a lot of time trying to add more HD programming to Bravo.

if you like opra singing BravoHD is for you
otherwise I too hope they forget to hit the switch
where is TNTHD!

I'll take it, heck at some point it will get better, hopefully sooner than later. I'd rather get something like InHD though. I am also looking forward TNTHD.

Watching some BRAVO durng the olympics, i can say none of the commercials for things they have on are worthwhile at all. Queer Guy for the Straight Guy?? in HD?

Isn't Bravo actually tailored for gay people? I think the read that someplace.

Bravo is coming off the surf list after the olympics.

Ha ha ha.

I really hope directv are not devoting resources to make this bravo hd channel possible.

Work on something else.

I wrote D* about this same thing, thought I'd post the response maybe save a few from asking the same question. I played the idiot to set the most info I could. It just looks like they are "working on it." It looks like Fox will be coming too, all in due time.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------
DIRECTV FEEDBACK MESSAGE
Name: Chris
[Topic Selected: Hdtv]
Subject: Additions

Details: About a month ago DirecTV announced addition of NBC-HD and BravoHD, where can I view these channels? I have searched the guide but do not see them.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for writing. We currently offer CBS-HD to customers in selected areas of the country where we have permission from the local broadcasters, and we recently announced plans to carry NBC HD toward the end of the summer (in select areas). In addition, we hope to have an agreement with FOX to offer their HDTV broadcasts soon.

CBS-HD is available to eligible customers who live in areas where CBS owns the local station (see DIRECTV.com/hdchannels for availability). In order to see the HD feed, customers must have high-definition DIRECTV equipment (HD television, DIRECTV HD receiver and triple-LNB dish) and get their local channels through DIRECTV or subscribe to our HD Package.
If you meet the requirements, CBS-HD is automatically added to your account on channel 80 or 81.

In addition, most high-definition DIRECTV receivers allow you to get your high-definition broadcasts from your local networks by using an off-air (rooftop) antenna in combination with your HDTV equipment. With this configuration, the signals and related program information from your satellite dish and your over the air antenna integrates seamlessly into your DIRECTV on-screen guide. For more information on how to get HDTV broadcasts using an off-air antenna, check with your local HDTV retailer.

If you're looking for HD coverage of the Olympics, don't worry, we're offering that too! Beginning August 13, we plan to carry NBC's high definition Olympics coverage. This features 8 hours of highlights (looped 3 times daily) from the previous 24-36 hours of live games.
Please visit DIRECTV.com/HDOlympics closer to the start of the games to see if they are available in your area. If they are, and you have an HD DIRECTV System, you'll be able to see NBC's HD Olympics broadcast on our HD Special Events channel 84.

As you know, we make changes and additions to our programming line-up from time to time. Although we don't have any new information about Bravo HD at this time, feel free to bookmark the News Releases section of our web site at DIRECTV.com/PR and check back from time to time for
the latest announcements.

We hope that, in the long run, we will be able to offer more high-definition content to our customers because we're in constant discussions with various program providers to increase the number of high definition programs we offer. We continue to work with content owners and consumer electronics manufacturers on standards that could potentially enable delivery of more high definition content in the future.

These industry standards will continue to evolve, and we will be updating our web site at DIRECTV.com as more information becomes available. Thanks again for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Pallavi
DIRECTV Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)