Breaking Bad fans, confirm your recording order for 9/29

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I was checking my Daily Schedule, got to next Sunday, 9/29, noticed the absence of Breaking Bad. Went to the guide, AMC is doing a marathon, and the series finale is indeed on, but it was not showing the little icon for being on the record list. Definitely cannot miss that episode. Maybe it was just a glitch on my Hopper, but wouldn't want to have anyone assume it was good to go, and then find out the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that if there's a lot of episodes on that are skipped, the Hopper doesn't always show the next one it will record. I think it hits a limit in the number of events a timer can have (skipped ones count against this limit). Nonetheless always good to check, especially with an important episode!

I'll throw this out... on the VIP series sometimes a recording a week out does not show, but as it gets closer and the guide updates it does. I once set it to record when I saw it was not scheduled, and it backfired, when the time came it showed two recording settings for the same time and neither fired off. Just keep an eye on it.

I'll throw this out... on the VIP series sometimes a recording a week out does not show, but as it gets closer and the guide updates it does. I once set it to record when I saw it was not scheduled, and it backfired, when the time came it showed two recording settings for the same time and neither fired off. Just keep an eye on it.
The VIPs and Hopper both rely on updated data from Tribune. Everything you said is correct.

Another advertisement for Seek and Record/Dish Pass. Any last minute updates to the schedule data will get picked up and adjusted accordingly.

Mine was missing it too (good catch, thanks) but it isn't due to a limit because my DVR defaults are set to All. Unless there is a glitch with that. But I'm going with something in the guide not being correct a week out. Probably because the ending is top secret. ;)

On your Daily Schedule screen, what does the Yellow and Green Buttons show? On my Hoppers I have the Green to Show All and the Yellow to Hide Skip. That way I see what will be recorded and what will be skipped.

I have set up all 61 episodes to record (new and reruns and keep all events) but looking at the daily schedule it shows they stop recording at 10:11pm Saturday. None after that.

I have 143 events scheduled, 330 events including skipped shows, and 71 total timers set up at this moment. I think there are 48 of the 61 Breaking Bad shows set to record. I actually count 67 total episodes shown in the guide ending with Sunday's 6pm pacific time finale.

Does anyone know if any of these numbers reach a dish limit of any kind?

I have set up all 61 episodes to record (new and reruns and keep all events) but looking at the daily schedule it shows they stop recording at 10:11pm Saturday. None after that.

I have 143 events scheduled, 330 events including skipped shows, and 71 total timers set up at this moment. I think there are 48 of the 61 Breaking Bad shows set to record. I actually count 67 total episodes shown in the guide ending with Sunday's 6pm pacific time finale.

Does anyone know if any of these numbers reach a dish limit of any kind?
I've seen individual timers hit a limit (around 50) even if those 50 events only go out a few days. As more events get recorded, the later events will "roll in" to the timer event list keeping the total events around 50. Once Wednesday's events get recorded, you'll see more of Saturday's and Sunday's shows set to record.

I do have primetime recording and various other shows scheduled for recording. I also connected external HD with 230 GB. The Hopper has 1TB hard drive. Is it enough space to record all episodes?

I do have primetime recording and various other shows scheduled for recording. I also connected external HD with 230 GB. The Hopper has 1TB hard drive. Is it enough space to record all episodes?

2TB and more than enough.

I'd be willing to bet that the timer for the 29th appears in a few days. If you look you will see that there are a TON of Breaking Bad episodes coming up on AMC in preparation for the series finale. I bet once some of those events fall off then the timers will keep going out further and further into the future until you see the timer set on the finale on 9/29.

I'd be willing to bet that the timer for the 29th appears in a few days. If you look you will see that there are a TON of Breaking Bad episodes coming up on AMC in preparation for the series finale. I bet once some of those events fall off then the timers will keep going out further and further into the future until you see the timer set on the finale on 9/29.

I think you're right but I will be double checking Sunday night to make sure. Last time I checked my Hopper was correctly showing each of the reruns as a skipped episode until the new one. That one doesn't show as skipped or scheduled to record. It just looks like any other show in my guide that doesn't have a timer. The last rerun before it has the skipped icon and Talking Bad right after it has a record icon.

I pretty much trust that the hopper will correctly record the episode but I'm going to make sure it does. If Dish somehow misses the Breaking Bad finale they are going to have some very upset customers. It doesn't appear to be a guide problem either. If you click info it has the blue "new" tag on the icon. It really seems like the hopper is having a problem because of the marathon leading up to the finale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)