'Breaking Bad' Fans Upset About Second iTunes Purchase For Final Eight Episodes

I don't see the big deal. That season pass was only $22 while most standard season passes are $35 to $42. These are the HD prices. The SD passes were $14. I think if you look at the pricing it is pretty clear that it wasn't all 16 episodes.

When box sets of shows that split out a season into two parts they are always sold separately in my experience. Why should digital be any different. HBO didn't give people who bought The Sopranos season 6 part 1 season 6 part 2 for free on DVD. This is the same thing.

Edit: Just checked Amazon and they are doing the exact same thing with the exact same titles. Season 5 and "The Final Season". This leads me to believe that this was AMC and not Apple that made this choice.

Apple charges a per episode rate on current shows (discounts on past seasons). So, it would have simply been 2x more expensive up front if it was a whole season. They probably just thought they were getting a bargain, and it turned out it was the same as always.

FYI- I just checked my Amazon account and it lists the new episodes as Season 6, not Season 5, episodes 9-16. To date there is only "Blood Money" the first episode of Season 6 available, Original airdate August 11, 2013. It is $2.99 for HD DD5.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)