'Breaking Bad' Fans Upset About Second iTunes Purchase For Final Eight Episodes

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I don't see the big deal. That season pass was only $22 while most standard season passes are $35 to $42. These are the HD prices. The SD passes were $14. I think if you look at the pricing it is pretty clear that it wasn't all 16 episodes.

When box sets of shows that split out a season into two parts they are always sold separately in my experience. Why should digital be any different. HBO didn't give people who bought The Sopranos season 6 part 1 season 6 part 2 for free on DVD. This is the same thing.

Edit: Just checked Amazon and they are doing the exact same thing with the exact same titles. Season 5 and "The Final Season". This leads me to believe that this was AMC and not Apple that made this choice.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Apple charges a per episode rate on current shows (discounts on past seasons). So, it would have simply been 2x more expensive up front if it was a whole season. They probably just thought they were getting a bargain, and it turned out it was the same as always.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
FYI- I just checked my Amazon account and it lists the new episodes as Season 6, not Season 5, episodes 9-16. To date there is only "Blood Money" the first episode of Season 6 available, Original airdate August 11, 2013. It is $2.99 for HD DD5.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)