Breaking: DirecTV to Launch 2 HD Satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like to offer an apology if i misspoken about SuperDISH ku FSS . i thought it was a Ka .my mistake .And just for clarification current multi switches can see 3 sat slots . thats why many people who have 5x8 multi switches didn't have to change them out when they upgraded there dish from the 2 lnb dish to the 3 lnb dish . as long as the dish Multiswitch is compatible with current 5x8 Multiswitch like it is today no changes would be needed there

beast37799 said:
And just for clarification current multi switches can see 3 sat slots
No, the Multiswitches that are currently used with DirecTV can only address two satellite slots. The only reason we are able to see three satellite slots with them is because they only have a few transponders at 110, and less than half a set at 119. They are mixing the signals of 110 and 119 with some frequency shifting and filtering upstream of the multiswitch. You'll notice they only have four inputs: even and odd for sat "A", and even/odd for sat "B/C". To the multiswitch, the mixed signal looks like one satellite. New multiswitches would probably have to address at six slots (or maybe five, depending on how they integrate 72.5 locals). 110 and 119 can continue to look like one slot, but then there'll be 99ka, 101ku, 101ka, 103ka, and possibly 72.5.

WTF, I'm getting all my locals in HD with free OTA installed by Voom. If you don't want them with Voom then you can buy an antenna for up to a 100 bucks and have all locals in HD for free for rest of your lives.
I don't see the point of this post. If you can receive HDs OTA with Voom, you can do it with D*. This was toned as being able to do something with Voom the D* users will have to wait for. My HTL-HD has an OTA HD tuner and it is good at times, but not always, but that is due to being 80 miles from the towers in Albuquerque, not the receiver. Where I live I need a 10' antenna. If I lived in ABQ or even Santa Fe, they could be picked up with a Silver Stealth antenna as well.
The reason he was called a troll is because it came across as a Voom is great, you are stupid to use D*. It is a D* forum, the discussion is about D* adding more birds, not a debate on Voom v. D* OTA capabilities.

All I can say is I just came to this forum to see if D* is any good and after reading the first post, good bye charter HD and hello DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts