Breaking: Droid 2 and Droid X will NOT Have 1.0GHz Snapdragon Processors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At the pace that new droids are coming out, I am waiting until November, when my year is up. By then there will be something better. And hopefully not with motoblur.

its not motoblur, its ninja blur sillly, its like you cant even tell its there, oh until you go to update and have to wait because they have to add their tweaks to it :(

rockymtnhigh said:
Yet another update at Droid-LIFE.

NOT RUNNING snapdragon, running OMAP processors.

UPDATED! Breaking: Droid 2 and Droid X will NOT Have 1.0GHz Snapdragon Processors | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Reason #57 why Droid-Life, no matter how useful, needs to confirm its sources before blasting out posts. No quality control over there. But Kellex is new at this I guess.

Not sure why they would announce Snap Dragon. Motorola use TI Omap processors and on top of that the Droid X has long been reported to feature Omap. I have an upgrade July 12th but will wait.

I still really like my Droid even though I never use the keyboard. It's nice to see the big press event to take some of the lime light away from Apple.

I like you will probably wait on Dual Core. These phones are coming out quickly and keep upping the anty.

Think it's all @DroidLanding's fault. The is-it-real-or-not twitter account that's claiming to be launching a droid x pre-release scavenger hunt said snapdragon yesterday before quickly changing it.... (much like the droid x product page at verizon had it misrepresented with a 720p display before changing it to captures 720p)

I mean, if they're giving them away, I'll gladly take one...

(said twitter feed was unearthed by uber close examination of the commercial found here: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/21/new-droid-x-commercial-launches-looks-familiar/)

Think it's all @DroidLanding's fault. The is-it-real-or-not twitter account that's claiming to be launching a droid x pre-release scavenger hunt said snapdragon yesterday before quickly changing it.... (much like the droid x product page at verizon had it misrepresented with a 720p display before changing it to captures 720p)

I mean, if they're giving them away, I'll gladly take one...

(said twitter feed was unearthed by uber close examination of the commercial found here: New Droid X Commercial Launches, Looks Familiar | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Yeah, and the viral spreading of ANY info by Droid-Life, without any fact checking first. :)

Don't get me wrong, I use that site all the time, but wish they would be a bit more careful before posting stuff.

And yes, if they are giving them away for free, I'll take one too, even if it has motoblur on it. :D

So is the OMAP processor that much better than the Snapdragon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts