Breaking News: Browns Trade Braylon Edwards to the Jets!!!

My, that escalated quickly.

Adam Schefter has just reported on ESPN’s Mike and Mike in the Morning that Braylon Edwards has been traded to the New York Jets for undisclosed compensation. You can bet that it wasn’t the “first- and third-round pick” minimum that the Browns were looking for just a few months back.

Mark Sanchez and Braylon are paired together after all. More as it develops.

(Update: Fox’s Jay Glazer reports that the Browns will receive two draft picks, WR Chansi Stucky and LB Jason Trusnick. Add two more to the total of ex-Jets that are now Browns. ESPN’s Chris Mortenses reports that Edwards was in fact the man behind many of the complaints and grievances that hit the news over the last few weeks.)

Breaking News: Braylon Edwards Traded to Jets | WaitingForNextYear

But he was such a fine humanitarian with the foundation and all? :rolleyes:

Apparently you're making assumptions before asking Chansi Stuckey himself.....

From his Twitter...

Chansi Stuckey (ChansiStuckey) on Twitter

If I only had 43 receptions in 3 years I'd be pretty happy to be working anywhere... the point still stands. If this happened to you or I and you find out you're being shipped from a strong and likely playoff bound team to one that is probably already thinking about next year you don't make a touchdown signal and shout "yes!". You find a way to accept it ("happy to be working, NFL is a privilege, etc") and then when you speak publicly about it you support your new team.

Feel free to point out the assumption in this statement - there isnt one: I'd be pissed going from the hopeful and feisty Jets to the unanimous worst team in football right now.

Maybe its Mangini's secret plan to trade the talent to the jets, get fired and go back to the jets? LOL

Maybe he's still just working for the Jets, heh.

Braylon and Sanchez will fight over who is prettier!:rolleyes:

I don't expect any fighting, winning cures everything and that Jets team is probably going to be doing a lot of that this year (and possibly even moreso with Edwards). When you don't win it comes down to team discipline.

The details aren't out, but he'd have to be the 2nd coming of Larry Fitzgerald apparently for the 3rd round pick to become a 2nd.

Considering Braylon was gonna to be a free agent at the end of the year and we are in the rebuilding process, I'd be happy in getting a bag of peanuts for him! The fact that we got TWO more draft picks (that makes 12 total in 2010), a starting slot WR, a future ILB and current stud Special Teamer out of the deal is icing on the cake if you ask me.

Yep. He picked the wrong dude in this city to mess with.

Rule of thumb to any future athletes in Cleveland: Don't mess with the KING!!!

..... more thoughts on the Braylon trade in a few.

THis had very little to do with Lebron OTHER than the "slap a ho" incident with Lebron's body. This was the finally straw....he has been a problem on the franchise from day one. He ONLY lucked out because he went to the 1st place Jets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts