Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

Flash From Voom Website

Voom has ceased taking new customer orders and will shut

down by the end of March.

Wow I am probably the last person to Chat Live with a CSR...amazing!!!
I hung up and went back to the page and .... bye!

Yep. This is for real. A very sad day indeed.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 651
this is probably another one of james's stunts. I just got off the phone to with a csr to confirm some info and I'm set up for march 31. Cablevision needs to start talking.

Well, I will be able to say I had TV worth watching for a month. Not entirely unexpected but sad news nonetheless.

I can only hope that Chuck Dolan cuts his son out of the will. Jim probably believes he got where he is today based on his talent rather than the fact that he is Chuck's kid.

Oh well, we can always join justalurker in watching the SD Bingo channel on E*.

A sad day for television and technology. Once again proves that American business can not sustain a vision beyond the next quarter. I guess we can thank Wall St. for that.

just spoke to csr and they dont know anythinh about it. He politely confirmed my appointment for the 3rd of march and said they are continuing business as usual.

danielle_s said:
this is probably another one of james's stunts. I just got off the phone to with a csr to confirm some info and I'm set up for march 31. Cablevision needs to start talking.
Well if you think that!!!! Alot of us are looking and making plans with other providers........... he will lose a lot if he thinks this is some kinda JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

danielle_s said:

Hard to believe that this is just another "stunt". This seems to be about as real as it gets. As much as we would like it to be otherwise, the facts speak for themselves. A month from now I envision a few diehards will be sitting in front of their dark screens for weeks on end proclaiming that this is just another one of Jim's stunts.

Oh well, lets hope the old man now sells the company to TWC and turns Jimbos' career dark as well.

I will hold out until the bitter end but it looks like I am back to Comcast in April. :( :( :(

neo0285 said:
just spoke to csr and they dont know anythinh about it. He politely confirmed my appointment for the 3rd of march and said they are continuing business as usual.

Interesting - that supports the idea it's nothing but another disgusting move from the golden boy James...

Don't be overly dramatic. The Academy Awards have already been given out. I will wait for a posting by someone with a little more first hand knowledge; say Charles & Tom Dolan?

Not a very polished, professional statement...maybe the site has been hacked and this is a hoax? lol

Since I've only had Voom since Friday, I guess I'll call and have it closed. My DISH service is still connected out there somewhere.

dtsfanohio said:
Not a very polished, professional statement...maybe the site has been hacked and this is a hoax? lol

That was my first thought... and it still may turn out to be true. Very unprofessional even for Cablevision. Any request to the site gets re-directed to the message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)