Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

Jamey K said:
Since I've only had Voom since Friday, I guess I'll call and have it closed. My DISH service is still connected out there somewhere.

ROFL, that'd be the silliest thing I can imagine - disconnect the free, highest quality service... LOL! :D:D:D

Well, we have tasted what quality television is. Voom was really the best, by a mile!

I for one, am upping my Netflix subscription and probably will live with OTA for a while. I had pretty much stopped watching TV while I was with Dish and cannot stomach going back to that.

Hope someone picks up the torch (and Equator, Gallery and all the other great Voom HD channels). I would have paid double for those.

Ok...just called a CSR who read a prepared statement....it was really fast but I THINK he said the Dolans have signed a letter of agreement with E* and will continue to operate.

The site was hijacked (the question is by whom). All the people that I have contacted so far are as surprised as everyone here. Even the webmaster. So here we go again. We are continuing to try to get more information on this latest development.

By the way.... POOR PUBLIC RELATION FROM WHOMEVER DID IT THIS WAY.

Unfortunately i think thats it, i dont know wthat to do now. I will never give my money to Time Warner again, and im not to thrilled with what e* and d* have to offer

I am on the phone right now with a VOOM CSR. I told him what is showing on voom.com about the shut down. His reaction is, "Oh WOW, I am out of a job!". He just went to voom.com himself. He is saying, "this looks fake ... I sure hope it is. ... Please hang on, I am going to check on this." I am on hold now.

OK, poor guy is in shock and rightfully a bit upset. He says the only memo he has is that things are still being resolved and Voom will continue service. He did state that there is a father/son squabble going on and this looks like the work of the son. He is going to "action" this to try to get clarification.

If Junior did do this on his own, seems like grounds for termination.

Jamey K said:
Ok...just called a CSR who read a prepared statement....it was really fast but I THINK he said the Dolans have signed a letter of agreement with E* and will continue to operate.

Just got off the phone with a CSR also. They were of course in total shock. The statement is from the PR yesterday. The guy I talked to said they don't have a prepared statement for today yet.

Seems a bit strange to me. If I were involved in shutting down an operation such as Voom, I would have something more than the brief message shown, with at the very least a basic explanation of the circumstances.

Good bye VOOM
sad16.gif
sad16.gif
sad16.gif

Hello Bell ExpressVu, 20 HD channels! ya don't say
jumping02.gif

Did anyone think of archiving the VOOM website. I was going to this evening, but it is now gone
sad25.gif

Hey I wonder if I should call and have a couple more TVs installed I could use a couple more OTA STBs.

OK, I just got through to customer support, and they said they are not going away, and still taking orders.

He said they are working to get the announcement taken away, and said he thinks it was Dolan's son who did it

This story gets more weird, but I will be monitoring the site to see if they take the message away

Let's Join Hands for James

Let us all join hands and put a curse on James. May he be unfortunate in some painful way and stuck in bed forced to watch D* and E* SD feed for the rest of his miserable life.

Amen :D

Just more family fighting is all this is, imho. I would love to be a fly on the wall in these board meetings, better yet, what is Thanksgiving dinner going to be like at the Dolans this year???

I just called Voom and they are unhappy about what has been done to the site and they just received word that BUSINESS IS GOING FORWARD AND THAT IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL

There you have it

What a great drama unfolding right here on our PC screens...
I can't say I have ever seen things like this happen in real time!!!
Don't blink cause you'll miss something important...!!!

same message I got essentially

danielle_s said:
I just called Voom and they are unhappy about what has been done to the site and they just received word that BUSINESS IS GOING FORWARD AND THAT IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL

There you have it

Pretty exciting business

Baahumbug said:
Seems a bit strange to me. If I were involved in shutting down an operation such as Voom, I would have something more than the brief message shown, with at the very least a basic explanation of the circumstances.

Yes, something seems amiss here, especially if not even the webmaster knows what is happening. It would seem that if they were going to be this abrupt on the web site that they would also notify the call center either first or at the same time.

If this is legit then VOOM is dead. If not, then this story just keeps getting crazier.

Hope not true

Mr Dolan I love voom, please don't let this happen to us. Voom is our baby, don't take her away from us. She brings us joy, laughter, tears, in pristine 1081i. I have spent over $10,000 on my home theatre surround system just to enjoy voom in all its glory. I don't want to go back to the dark ages of tv.

James Dolan, i hope you get run over by a Drunk Cabbie in New York. Shame on you for not respecting your father. He put you where you are today, and you are doing this to him on his twilight. Let him see his vision come true. I bet you hijacked our precious website. I hope Charles sells Cablevision to Time Warner and you loose your job. It that why you are doing this?

May Voom live on
May voom live on

"If Junior did do this on his own, seems like grounds for termination."

You folks can't be this niave...to think that someone at that level would have the site hacked at the risk of going to jail? C'mon.

And...for everyone still wondering, there was a post back on page TWO of this thread that states that the site was hacked.

Doesn't anyone read anymore? lol

Lob...who is still VOOMin' in the northeast ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)