Breaking News Live from the Directv Entertainment Expo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Please explain why all cell companies offer the basic same packages at the same price. Where is the competition other than we charge the same rate? Charging a $1000 doesn't necessarily=competition.

They don't. I don't get rollover from anyone but AT&T, so that isn't the same as Verizon, as X as Y as Z.

As far as oil companies not controlling the price, then why religiouslly on every Weds or Thru. gas shoots up 20-25%? It aint the weekend yet so I don't buy that crap.

I don't know where you live but if even 20% here would mean it would go up FIFTY SIX cents a gallon on that day. I really don't believe that for a second. :no

They don't. I don't get rollover from anyone but AT&T, so that isn't the same as Verizon, as X as Y as Z.

I don't know where you live but if even 20% here would mean it would go up FIFTY SIX cents a gallon on that day. I really don't believe that for a second. :no

Ok to prove my point. Two weeks ago reg.gas was $2.56/gal and suddenly it was $3.09/gal for reg. overnight. No way in hell demand drove the price up $.53/gal . BTW this was after Labor day and I live in columbus,oh.

Please explain why all cell companies offer the basic same packages at the same price. Where is the competition other than we charge the same rate? Charging a $1000 doesn't necessarily=competition.

As far as oil companies not controlling the price, then why religiouslly on every Weds or Thru. gas shoots up 20-25%? It aint the weekend yet so I don't buy that crap.

If you think all cell companies offer the same service for the same price I can't help you. That's not my experience. I shopped around when I switched from AT&T. I lowered my cost and increased my service. I'm sorry if you can't do that.

You think "oil companies" control OPEC? You need to read up on that. Gas shoots up 20-25% every Wednesday? On what planet?

This is so beyond OT. If you want to reply come on over to American Fundamentalist and we can have it out... Or pm me. I love a good debate.

If you think all cell companies offer the same service for the same price I can't help you. That's not my experience. I shopped around when I switched from AT&T. I lowered my cost and increased my service. I'm sorry if you can't do that.

You think "oil companies" control OPEC? You need to read up on that. Gas shoots up 20-25% every Wednesday? On what planet?

This is so beyond OT. If you want to reply come on over to American Fundamentalist and we can have it out... Or pm me. I love a good debate.

I guess you buy into big oil pointing fingers at OPEC(hey it's not us blame OPEC). But if I'm not mistaken we do not import 100% of our crude oil. So big oil continues to rape us while saying don't look at us we're celibant.

Then please take it elsewhere, k? PLEASE

I tried to get him to pm me, but apparently he doesn't know how. I guess I should have pm'd him rather than reply here again... Sorry about that.

Bring on the HD news! I just got another HR-20 and am eagerly awaiting tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well.

There is no way DirecTV and Echostar could merge.

They tried already.

DOJ said no...antitrust issues.

FCC said no...they would not allow the transfer of TP licenses.
And that was back when Voom was still a DBS provider...and Echostar even offered to give Voom their TPs at 61.5.

If everyone said no when there were 3 DBS players in the game there is no way in hell they will say yes when there are only 2 players in the game.

The landscape has changed, as has the FCC leadership.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)