Breaking News! New Voom Starting To Get Epg Info :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yromj said:
What birds are ESPN2 HD and CBS HD going to be on after all the changes? I'm curious because I wasn't told originally that in order to receive my CBS HD I had to be able to view 61.5. So, now I'm wondering if I shoud fork out the $100 (no big deal) and get another dish mounted to my roof (a bigger deal) or if they will be changing anyway.

Thanks,

John

CBS HD has allways been on a wing slot (148,61.5) so that would require a 2nd dish off the bat :).. Right now cbs hd e is on 61.5 and will stay there. Cbs HD w is on 129 (dish 1000) but is not avabile to subs from that location.. and 148 where it is avab. to subs.

ESPN2 HD is currently on 129 and 61.5 (not avaible to subs yet either)

goaliebob99 said:
CBS HD has allways been on a wing slot (148,61.5) so that would require a 2nd dish off the bat :).. Right now cbs hd e is on 61.5 and will stay there. Cbs HD w is on 129 (dish 1000) but is not avabile to subs from that location.. and 148 where it is avab. to subs.

ESPN2 HD is currently on 129 and 61.5 (not avaible to subs yet either)

So, I've got to have a 2nd dish to receive CBS no matter what? Why can't I receive the west feed from 129? I guess that would make too much sense.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pass on my CBS. That sucks, too, because that's really the only network I really cared about getting in HD.

John

yromj said:
So, I've got to have a 2nd dish to receive CBS no matter what? Why can't I receive the west feed from 129? I guess that would make too much sense.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pass on my CBS. That sucks, too, because that's really the only network I really cared about getting in HD.

John

The reason why is... at this current moment.... CBS HD on 129 is not avaible to subscribers but in time this will change... It could change as soon as TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! So dont get your hopes down yet :)

goaliebob99 said:
The reason why is... at this current moment.... CBS HD on 129 is not avaible to subscribers but in time this will change... It could change as soon as TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! So dont get your hopes down yet :)

Thanks for the hope!! Is that both the east and the west, or just the west.

John- Who ain't picky, just curious

Thanks. I'll check w/ you tomorrow for any update.

Dish has added CBS west to my sub package, but I assume they'll change it for me.

John

Tom Bombadil said:
Would you qualify to get CBS HD, even if it were on 129?

Yes. In fact, Dish has already added CBS-HD to my subscription, (I've had my waiver since before I signed up w/ Dish), I just can't receive it. I'm going to call them and ask them to switch it from the east to the west and hope that the west becomes available from 129.

John

goaliebob99 said:

Any news about this yet? I called Dish today and got my CBS HD switched from east to west. The guy was kind of confused as to why I wanted to do this.

I told him that I had read some info on the web that the west feed may be moved to 129 and he said that it was being discussed, but nothing official had come across yet. I explained that I definitely couldn't get the east w/o a second dish (which got vetoed) and that I might be able to get the west someday.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)