ESPN II HD When??

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
When can we expect espn2 hd? If not by the time the NHRA fires up in `06, they can stick as far as I'm concerned..............

goaliebob99 said:
hummmmmm...... :) I know when :).... I would say Do a search :D but i dont want to be an ass :) Sometime in the next two to three weeks :)
When ESPN 2 HD comes on-line, will it be available to those who have the 811 receiver? Will it in the HD pack? Will we have to pay for it?
I am an American 120 subscriber.

dodge said:
When will it come on line??
Never
According to charlie it is no compelling content
Hey dodge,

Could the "no compelling content" argument be dead ? If Charlie doesn't want to lose too many HD enthusiasts, won't he have to add all the same national HD channels as D* even if he doesn't think they are compelling ?

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this BFG, but ESPN2 HD is now listed as a Mpeg2 channel in the system tables. The 5 new VOOMs are still listed as Mpeg4 regardless of what format they actually are.

Hey thanks Jon! I have been a phone junky all day today between ASUS and Dell. Asus doesnt want to support there mother board that i bought two weeks ago. Supposidly there sending me a new bios chip.. My dell notebook died.. :( all i have left is trusty old uplink computer till I can get the new one up.. thats as soon as asus gets me up :) GRRR... :)

JH1949 said:
Hey dodge,
Could the "no compelling content" argument be dead ? If Charlie doesn't want to lose too many HD enthusiasts, won't he have to add all the same national HD channels as D* even if he doesn't think they are compelling ?

Unless both of the Scripps HD networks, National Geographic HD and M-HD are all duds, I too think that the content arguement is not going to last much longer. It may have been true up to recently, but this would appear to be less true each month. Barring those networks having said early troubles/slow starts, one would think that those, at the least, are channels that you carry, or risk falling behind the HD curve.

I tend to think that isn't a position E* would like to find themselves in, especially being the self-proclaimed "leader in HD". In turn, I tend to think they recognize this reality and we will hear more about this (new national networks) relatively soon.

If nothing else you have to give Dish credit for one thing .. their internal information security is beyond belief .. with all the people who really want to know what is going ot happen next, programming, technology, etc .. nobody outside of E* corporate really has anything but speculation. kind of disappointing actually .. that not one person on this whole site can turn anything up but weak rumors .. oh well, i am guilty as well ... Out!

I just found ALL the answers from JL over at the other sight.

Speculation (if one cannot wait a couple more days) ...
A couple of new HD channels (other than Voom15) will be added before June.
1) Everything that will be offered to customers will be in MPEG2
2) Nothing will be offered to customers in MPEG4 until June-July 2006
MPEG4 receivers will continually be quietly rolled out in preparation for when they will be needed.

Everything else is on delay until E10 is launched in February and take's it's place in the system in May.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)