ESPN II HD When??

jimboeau said:
I just found ALL the answers from JL over at the other sight.

Speculation (if one cannot wait a couple more days) ...
A couple of new HD channels (other than Voom15) will be added before June.
1) Everything that will be offered to customers will be in MPEG2
2) Nothing will be offered to customers in MPEG4 until June-July 2006
MPEG4 receivers will continually be quietly rolled out in preparation for when they will be needed.

Everything else is on delay until E10 is launched in February and take's it's place in the system in May.

JL

WOW THAT IS HORRABLE INFO!!!!!! WAY TO GET IT WRONG AGAIN JL! :)

My predictions ;)

1) everything will be offered in mpg2 @ mpg4 unitll mpg4 comes online..
2) Mpg4 will lauch in FEB with the lauching of Chicago HD LIL to be the first on the mpg4 line as NYC and LA will be in mpg 2 for Distant DNS and it will eventually go MPG4.. Coustomers with HD sets in LIL DMAS will be the first to get mpg4 upgraded :) While other markets will continue to see mpg 2 hd programming. about march/may time frame the rest of the country will go mpg4 as Voom and HD Pack will lauch in mpg 4.
3. ESPN2 HD will be launch in 2 or 3 days with voom 15 and relauching of voom originals on DN.
4. I think there will be a surprize launching of an additional HD channel becides ESPN2 HD and VOOM 21 at CES with more HD a few more months down the line as new HD channel lauches come on line.
5. Echostar 10 will blow up (HEHEHE) J/K Upon the sucessful lauch of Echo 10 it will test in orbit for a month... then it will test for another month at its home slot while. then we will see programming being transfered to echo 10 and new hd channel lauches in mpg 4.
6 I expect to see 2 more channels go bye bye due to channel negotaions.. then charlie will make up and put them back on

7. OLN and LIFETIME will relauch at CES! :) my predictions and thats all they are :)

goaliebob99 said:
My predictions ;)

1) everything will be offered in mpg2 @ mpg4 unitll mpg4 comes online..
2) Mpg4 will lauch in FEB with the lauching of Chicago HD LIL to be the first on the mpg4 line as NYC and LA will be in mpg 2 for Distant DNS and it will eventually go MPG4.. Coustomers with HD sets in LIL DMAS will be the first to get mpg4 upgraded :) While other markets will continue to see mpg 2 hd programming. about march/may time frame the rest of the country will go mpg4 as Voom and HD Pack will lauch in mpg 4.
3. ESPN2 HD will be launch in 2 or 3 days with voom 15 and relauching of voom originals on DN.
4. I think there will be a surprize launching of an additional HD channel becides ESPN2 HD and VOOM 21 at CES with more HD a few more months down the line as new HD channel lauches come on line.
5. Echostar 10 will blow up (HEHEHE) J/K Upon the sucessful lauch of Echo 10 it will test in orbit for a month... then it will test for another month at its home slot while. then we will see programming being transfered to echo 10 and new hd channel lauches in mpg 4.
6 I expect to see 2 more channels go bye bye due to channel negotaions.. then charlie will make up and put them back on

7. OLN and LIFETIME will relauch at CES! :) my predictions and thats all they are :)

In other words what JL said.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stuart628 said:
ummm.....sure....word..for....ummm word....good pointing that out.....you...uhhh.are on top of things I see, oh wait, that is nothing like what JL, said! :( :confused:

Just yanking your chain man... I like Goalie's predictions.... Have a good one...:D

goaliebob99 said:
I think my predictions are more realistic to the info that has allready been put out.. :)
Yup - it's just another chunk of bad info from the other site.

JL is why I'm not there any more - he thinks he knows everything, but actually knows almost nothing.

jimboeau said:
Just yanking your chain man... I like Goalie's predictions.... Have a good one...:D

just giving you a hard time! I just cant wait to see all these come true, and for dish to get some HD up on their birds :hungry: :hungry:

It is interesting how much clamor there is for ESPN2 HD when not that many people watch ESPN2 and they don't carry that much HD programming. Plus ESPN is one of the bad guys driving up our subscription rates.

I hope some of the college basketball games are in HD. It is very disappointing when one tunes into ESPN now only to find the program in SD or their framed 4:3 "HD."

Personally I'd take the 3 remaining HD DNS over ESPN2 anyday. Especially with 24 starting soon, Lost resuming new episodes, NFL playoffs, Olympics, Superbowl & Daytona 500 next month.........a whole lot more compelling content in the next few months than ESPN2 will have all year.

I love sports so I can't wait to get ESPN2HD. They have a lot of college basketball in HD. That will be great especially with the conference season kicking off here soon. They also have a lot of baseball and football during their seasons.

I want ESPN2HD very badly. I also a big sports fan. By the way it better be in MPEG2 or there is going to be one very angry customer here. ;)

Tom Bombadil said:
It is very disappointing when one tunes into ESPN now only to find the program in SD or their framed 4:3 "HD."

I would imagine that they will eventually be HD 24/7 but for now I will gladly take the "4:3 HD" - what would you rather have, this or TNT's ridiculous "16:9 x 4:3 HD" where they STRETCH everything regardless of the source? I can easily say that I rarely, if ever, watch TNT because most of their stuff looks like crap and they apparently don't care.

Gary Murrell said:
Also convienent for me that ESPN decides to start the deuce in HD after they pass on the NHL TV contract :mad:
-Gary

Yeah, I remember how excited I was LAST YEAR when I got ESPN in HD on cable a month before the NHL season was supposed to start!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)