ESPN II HD When??

I agree, they did a really good job with NASCAR, but most of the shows/movies look like crap!

Soon... here is a photo take by Scott at CES today...

Attachments

• DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 157
Scott's pretty sure about them being available 5pm (dunno if that's E or P) tomorrow.

What Sat are they going to put it on?? I would think folks that are on the HD Plan now should be able to get it.

Poke said:
What Sat are they going to put it on?? I would think folks that are on the HD Plan now should be able to get it.

Right now it's uplinked at 61.5 and 129 from what I understand from GoalieBob.

How in the world can they do this without even a transition period. This is crazy. Even DirecTV only put the locals in MPEG4 right away. You need a transition to MPEG4. You can't make people upgrade right away like this.

Well I guess I can waite see what they are going to say on the next Charlie chat. But I guess I ought to look at the Dish1000 upgrade their doing for $60 since sounds like they are going to be putting more things on the 129. I just wished they would hurry up and say how they are going to do the swap out plan with the 811's to 411's.

hdtvdeprived said:
Dammit all to hell! I just put in my 942 last week.

Ditto. I had heard it was going to be March before they went MGEG4 which I interpreted to mean summer. My Dish subscription is brand new.

What kind of $$$ are we talking to upgrade to MPEG4?

John

I guess as far as I'm concerned the delay doesn't matter much, Dish says no more upgrading for me until July. Someone already told me this is SOP, but I'm not sure why. I thought the 'year commitment' was just to keep Dish for a year, not the specific receiver.:confused:

David

DaveyBoy26 said:
I guess as far as I'm concerned the delay doesn't matter much, Dish says no more upgrading for me until July. Someone already told me this is SOP, but I'm not sure why. I thought the 'year commitment' was just to keep Dish for a year, not the specific receiver.:confused:
David
I think they mean no subsidized upgrades for a year. You are welcome to pay full retail price for the equipment if you think you need it sooner.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)