Breaking News! New Voom Starting To Get Epg Info :)

they had it close on one film on Monsters, it was a movie and a old one at that ;)

the screen grabs speak for what I thought I saw, but no one seems to want to comment on that

some older movies sometimes yes, but that aren't fooling anyone on Ultra/Equator and others

the Mbps is what counts to the bandwidth, doesn't matter if it was 1920x1080i or 10x10

-Gary

no problem Reefer, I gotcha

Dish is a funky bunch(we all know that ;)), only they could tell us why they had plans for 1280x1080i Voom at 15 Mbps, they have lots of other 1920x1080i HD channels with less bandwidth

-Gary

I think they are just switching focus around then. Me thinks we will
still see "guy tv" themed movies on Kung Fu and majestic movies on family room

so what will the movie channels be now ??:

Family
World
Monsters
Kung Fu
Film Fest

is that correct ??

I think they should have kept Guy TV, for more action paced/thrilling stuff, just my opinion though ;)

I want the westerns showed more also

-Gary

Gary Murrell said:
no problem Reefer, I gotcha
Dish is a funky bunch(we all know that ;)), only they could tell us why they had plans for 1280x1080i Voom at 15 Mbps, they have lots of other 1920x1080i HD channels with less bandwidth
-Gary
Are they just trying out different ways to get 3 Voom per TP ?

jcord51 said:
So, does anyone know the start date for the new Voom channels to appear?
It seems that Charlie Chat mentioned the 6th of Jan. Perhaps this was a reference to additional information that Tech. Chat will provide? Of the five, only two may interest my family.

As I already mentioned, according to the Program Guide, the switch from Majestic and GuyTV to FilmFest and KungFu occurs tomorrow morning or late tonight. So, at least two of the channels are re-launching by tomorrow!

Tom Bombadil said:
Yes, but this is bad news in my household. We like both Majestic and Guy TV, but none of us like kung fu movies.

I don't like Kung Fu either (or Monsters for that matter), but World Cinema and Film Fest (the latter will presumably include some of the former Majestic films) will be very exciting!

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm looking forward to some (hopefully) new content on GalleryHD as well.

CDH.

All this talk, I called, and they gave me some 'special' deal for $59.95 for voom installation. they are coming this saturday. I'm sure others have gotten better deals, but I was prepared to pay the 100 dollars, so 40 bux off is a nice surprise.

MIXER99 said:
All this talk, I called, and they gave me some 'special' deal for $59.95 for voom installation. they are coming this saturday. I'm sure others have gotten better deals, but I was prepared to pay the 100 dollars, so 40 bux off is a nice surprise.
Very nice!;)
Robert

Ilya said:
As I already mentioned, according to the Program Guide, the switch from Majestic and GuyTV to FilmFest and KungFu occurs tomorrow morning or late tonight. So, at least two of the channels are re-launching by tomorrow!
My EPG for those channels is showing "Movie" with no details from around 17:30 MST tonight through 03:00 MST Tues. AM. Then there's good info again.

I was just wondering if this list is correct of the HD channels out now and known to come out in 06?

NBC-HD
CBS-HD
FOX-HD
ABC-HD
WB-HD
UPN-HD
PBS-HD
Starz HD
HBO HD
Showtime HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
VOOM
TNT HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
UHD (NBC, Universal, Sci-Fi)
INHD
INHD2
HDNet
HDNet Movies
Discovery Theater HD

Launching in 2006
MHD (MTV, VH1, CMT)
HGTV HD
Food Network HD (also contains Fine Living)
National Geographic HD

Gary Murrell said:
JSB I am not sure
the only receiver that can be used for recording is the 6000, I have no idea if it could see the mpeg4 channels or not, my first guess would be no
we still may see nothing but HD LIL in mpeg4 right now, I sure hope so
-Gary

I bet they hide the channels the same way they do on the SD units. If it wasn't for that I think it could work.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I was just wondering if this list is correct of the HD channels out now and known to come out in 06?
NBC-HD
CBS-HD
FOX-HD
ABC-HD
WB-HD
UPN-HD
PBS-HD
Starz HD
HBO HD
Showtime HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
VOOM
TNT HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
UHD (NBC, Universal, Sci-Fi)
INHD
INHD2
HDNet
HDNet Movies
Discovery Theater HD
Launching in 2006
MHD (MTV, VH1, CMT)
HGTV HD
Food Network HD (also contains Fine Living)
National Geographic HD

you forgot wealth hd, yes hd and the regional sports nets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)