Breaking News! New Voom Starting To Get Epg Info :)

AdamGott said:
Why do they have such niche programming anyway? I would much rather see something like a TCM/AMC on voom

yup...still seems to me they dont have enough content to justify sucking up 15 channels worth of bandwidth (though at least 15 is better than 21). Just spread out what you have across 2 or 3 channels, like the HDnets or InHDs. Have one channel for variety programming, and another 1, maybe 2 channels for movies...and run 24 hour loops instead of just 2 or 3 hour loops.

All 5 new channels now have EPG data. I highlighted a movie from WORLD so you can see the extended description.

Attachments

• voom.jpg
    voom.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 196
Even better is the new movie channels have a full schedule of movies and not just 2 a day, horray!!!!

program guide

HokieEngineer said:
All 5 new channels now have EPG data. I highlighted a movie from WORLD so you can see the extended description.
Hey what model receiver are you using to bring up that kind of guide?

BFG said:
Even better is the new movie channels have a full schedule of movies and not just 2 a day, horray!!!!
If it stays that way, WorldCinema channel alone will be worth VOOM subscription for me!

By the way, I noticed they started advertising new channels. Today I saw a VOOM Originals ad (between soccer games on RushHD), that advertised the following 15 channels:

Family Room
Film Fest
Game Play
KungFU
Treasure HD
World Cinema
WorldSport
RushHD
Animania
EquatorHD
GalleryHD
HDNews
Rave
UltraHD
MonstersHD
It looks like Majestic and GuyTV will be replaced with FilmFest and KungFu (as M Sparks pointed out).

On what channel would Voom program the early James Bond movies if Majestic is gone?

Gary Murrell said:
we know things must be close then Ilya
Since the PG format for the GuyTV/KungFu channel changes on Monday-Tuesday - I am guessing things must be really close! ;)

Titan is showing GUYTV and MAJSTC as "Programming Unavailable" right now. Don't know if that means anything...

these channels better be friggin 1920x1080i or I am going to flip my rocker :mad:

Ilya that is exciting news, we really are close

The Bond's will be on World, I guess, If I can capture and archive the Bond's in 1920x1080i I can officially die happy and I am serious, if they are mpeg4 I am *$&#ed though :(

-Gary

Gary Murrell said:
these channels better be friggin 1920x1080i or I am going to flip my rocker :mad:
Ilya that is exciting news, we really are close
The Bond's will be on World, I guess, If I can capture and archive the Bond's in 1920x1080i I can officially die happy and I am serious, if they are mpeg4 I am *$&#ed though :(
-Gary

Do you think that if the MPEG4 channels are mapped to your STB, that you would be able to record them but play the resulting captures with a computer with a video card that features H.264 support?

JSB I am not sure
the only receiver that can be used for recording is the 6000, I have no idea if it could see the mpeg4 channels or not, my first guess would be no

we still may see nothing but HD LIL in mpeg4 right now, I sure hope so

-Gary

Gary Murrell said:

Why is that? They had you beleiveing that 1280x1080i was 1920x1080i a couple days back. If they can get it that close I don't think you need to jump the rocker.

Now the question remains, or maybe I missed the answer. If they are pumping these channels up to 15Mps, are they saving any bandwidth downscaling the images?