Breaking News! New Voom Starting To Get Epg Info :)

I will not pay for 1280 x1080 channels. When they add the additional Voom channel, if they are not at full rez, I am dropping Voom.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Looking at the EPG for Gameplay, lets hope they have more content then what is listed in the guide.
For now it ppears to be a loop which repeats every 2 hours.
Here is what it lists...
UBISOFT - Series/Special. (2005) Ubisoft's newest and hottest video games
Cyber Games - World Cyber Games Series/Special. (2005)
Then it repeats over and over again.
As I said lets just hope this is not the real schedule.
HDNet broadcast Cyber Games a few weeks ago. It was a one hour program that should have been 25 minutes. If that's the type of "compelling content" to expect, I'm not going to bother stepping up to Voom next year.

They must not have been "niche" enough. That's the kinda of thing voom tries to go for, very specific stuff, regardless if their narrow genre requires them to loop 5 programs over a given month.

I suspect this channel is sponsored by Microsoft or Sony!
If you think about it, they don't even have to play any commercials, just show some of the games played in real time... :D

FYI: I posted some info about the GamePlay channel in the VOOM Programming forum earlier today. Check it out:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=50531

Ilya said:
I suspect this channel is sponsored by Microsoft or Sony!
If you think about it, they don't even have to play any commercials, just show some of the games played in real time... :D

FYI: I posted some info about the GamePlay channel in the VOOM Programming forum earlier today. Check it out:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=50531

It can't be live games because someone has to edit the audio or you will hear all of the MFs and WTFs when I die.

Cool, thanks. Do you know from which bird are they coming from? I currently can see the voom channels on 129.

Thanks!

Scott Greczkowski said:
No they will in preview modem in MPEG2 until March when the new channels will switch over to MPEG4 (at least thats what I hear) :)

BFG said:
They must not have been "niche" enough. That's the kinda of thing voom tries to go for, very specific stuff, regardless if their narrow genre requires them to loop 5 programs over a given month.

Gaming is far from a "niche" market. Do a little research and you'll see actually how big the gaming market is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts