Brett Favre released by Jets

attn Brad Childress

WE DONT WANT HIM!!!!

Cripes the local paper is just eating this up. Obviously its slow in the sports area
Twins are 500
no Wild or Wolfies

so this is their big thing....and it might be a repeat of last year

will he come here or stay retired

Side note (I have to find it) when we had this escapade last year I found a news broadcast andc the screen (before it went live) said

"Bret Favre Watch Day 13
....yep Still Here"

:D

edit: found it...the part missing was the phone number for the uplink truck

HOW in the world do you sell to a team and their fans that HAS TO let Peterson run when Favre wants to throw??:confused:

I must be the only moron on the face of the Earth that actually thinks Brett Farve to the Vikings is a GOOD idea! Here me out....

This Minnesota team is on the verge of greatness. They have one of the best defenses in the league. That's a given. They have one of the best offensive lines and running backs in the game too. There is only ONE single weakness on this team, and that is the ineptness at the QB position.

Anyone who's watched this team in the playoffs the last few seasons can surely point to the QB as the sole reason why they don't advance further than they should. Opposing teams stack the line to stop AP and force Tavaris Jackson to thrown. Tavaris single handily lost them the playoff game against the Eagles last year. If they have a QB who can make plays to mix up the offense a bit, they would've won.

Oh that's right... the Vikes signed Sage Rosenfels. Pft, please! LMAO! What's a matter, was Parsley or Time not available?!

Look, the Vikings are clearly trying to improve the pass game. They signed Bernard Berrian last year and drafted Percy Harvin. Favre showed that he could still play at the beggining of '08 with the Jets. He was slowed by an arm injury he tried to play through though. If Favre signs with the Vikes and he remains healthy, I think this would be a vast improvement over what they have now.

The other option is to stay put and lose the same way they lost last year. Defense's stacking the line against their one-dimensional offense. Your choice Vikes. Oh btw, I have a feeling F* would just love to stick it to the Packers a few more times before all is said and done.

Go get em' Brett!

HD if this was 3 or 4 years ago, I would agree but he is just getting too old to be doing this day in and day out.

HD if this was 3 or 4 years ago, I would agree but he is just getting too old to be doing this day in and day out.

Even only for 1 more year? The Vikings are on the short list of playoff contending teams this year without Favre. Add a QB who can stretch the field and they're on the short list of Super Bowl contending teams now.

AND if this team based their offense on passing...AND 3 or 4 years ago, I would agree...BUT, this is a RUNNING TEAM and Brett Favre would add NOTHING to the team. You are EITHER asking a QB to completely change his game or a team to change it's offense.....

Sorry, but does not improve a RUN CONTROLED offense.

Even only for 1 more year? The Vikings are on the short list of playoff contending teams this year without Favre. Add a QB who can stretch the field and they're on the short list of Super Bowl contending teams now.

He didn't do that great last year. Do you think he is going to be better this year? I really don't think he will. Now if they want to put butts in the seats then it is a great idea.

He didn't do that great last year. Do you think he is going to be better this year? I really don't think he will. Now if they want to put butts in the seats then it is a great idea.

I don't think an old washed up QB will breing more people to the Vikings games. Again, you are asking a guy to change his game forma gunslinger to a clock controlling offense. THAT is not gonna happen. Do you think that ego of his could deal with possibly throwing LESS than 20 passes a game??!!

I don't think an old washed up QB will breing more people to the Vikings games. Again, you are asking a guy to change his game forma gunslinger to a clock controlling offense. THAT is not gonna happen. Do you think that ego of his could deal with possibly throwing LESS than 20 passes a game??!!

If somehow they could both meet in the middle, this would be a VERY potent offense.

AND if this team based their offense on passing...AND 3 or 4 years ago, I would agree...BUT, this is a RUNNING TEAM and Brett Favre would add NOTHING to the team. You are EITHER asking a QB to completely change his game or a team to change it's offense.....

Sorry, but does not improve a RUN CONTROLED offense.
Not necessarily. Like Matt said, defenses were able to commit to stopping the run, seemingly knowing that Jackson couldn't beat them. Having a threat like F* back there will keep those defenses honest and make them defend the passing game too, opening up chances for AP.

Plus, an excellent ground game will also only help F*'s chances of getting through a season healthier than last season when he was the focal point of the offense .....

Not necessarily. Like Matt said, defenses were able to commit to stopping the run, seemingly knowing that Jackson couldn't beat them. Having a threat like F* back there will keep those defenses honest and make them defend the passing game too, opening up chances for AP.

Plus, an excellent ground game will also only help F*'s chances of getting through a season healthier than last season when he was the focal point of the offense .....

Another QB yes....Favre....no. WAY to much improving when he doesn't have to....

Another QB yes....Favre....no. WAY to much improving when he doesn't have to....

But that's the thing. The Vikes have tried several "game managing" QB's and they get the same results. You need a QB that can make a play every now and then or else the opposing D will stack the line and shut down the run game.

Gus Freotte, Tavaris Jackson, Sage Rosenfels. Same QB's, same results.

Now, Favre in a Dome? That would be intriguing!

For me it is a no brainer. If he wants to come back they should take him.
He is still an impact quarterback and there aren't very many of them left
in the NFL. Any team would be stupid not to take him. The Jets were on
a huge roll because of him last year until his arm injury. I hope that he
does play for the Vikings as I am still mad at the way the Packers handled
his situation. Take the emotion out of it, ie. he flip flops, was already retired
etc.. and from a pure business stand point, ticket sales, clothing sales etc..
it makes perfect sense. Oh, and don't forget the Vikings will become a serious
Super Bowl contender with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)