BRIAN BURKE STEPS DOWN AS DUCKS' GM!!!

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3698481"]Brian Burke succeeded by Bob Murray as Ducks GM - ESPN[/ame]

HOLY S$%T!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I knew he wanted to be GM in Toronto, but this one caught me blindsided!!!!

I'd understand if the Ducks were horrible, but this is ridiculous.

I can't believe he would rather be GM for such a talentless and pathetic Toronto team!

I'd understand if the Ducks were horrible, but this is ridiculous.

I can't believe he would rather be GM for such a talentless and pathetic Toronto team!

Sabres,

Burkie has long said that the GM of Toronto is the Holy Grail to all GM's. He has grown tired of the bi-costal travel as all of his family is back East. He wants to do for Toronto what he did for Anaheim. I have NO doubt that he will.

Initially, I was shaken at a GM change during the season. However, I have been assured that Bob Murray has been involved with everything Burkie has done since he got here and that he has been groomed for this precise occasion. (This is like the way the Angels run their front office. In case of a need to replace a frontline team member, their backup is well prepared to take over). Plus Burkie has assured the Ducks that he will not leave until he is certain the transition has been successfully completed.

I am calm now. The Ducks will continue to be a force in the NHL.

Sabres, I think he or she is new to this forum. The person just answered a bunch of posts

Seems random, and some of the things that this person said doesn't make sense to me.

No introduction, no avatar, doesn't mention who they are.