Bridge not getting good connection to Blu-Ray player

bforce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Castle Rock, CO.
Can you make any router a wireless bridge? I have a D-Link DIR-655 router and a DAP-1522 wireless bridge. Not getting a good connection to my blu-ray player (panasonic dmp-bd60) using the bridge. The bridge is a duo 5Ghz/2.4Ghz while the router is just an N 2.4Ghz, so that's the only frequency I get. Could this be the problem as the frequency is just too overloaded? I would love to have be able to use Amazon VOD on the blu-ray but I'm just not getting the speed I need to the bridge. I always catch up to the download about a minute into the movie. Very Frustrating!!! I spent a lot of money to upgrade my router and buy the bridge (both of which are very well reviewed).

Does anyone know what better set-up I can use or any tips to use this set-up effectively?

First question is no in a generic sense.

Can't say specifically what your problem is but wireless is never a guarantee. 2.4 ghz band is crowded and other 2.4 stuff in your location may be affecting the packet delivery forcing repeats and slower speed.

If this is going to be a continued problem, I would run hard wire Ethernet to your HT so you don't have to deal with wireless issues. Short term pain running the wire, long term gain in the trouble free results.

This is what I did. Run a single cat6e to my ht from the main router and added a switch at the equipment cabinet for distribution to all the devices including media server and sling. I have no problems with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)