Bridging --please explain

Except for the Super Joey, the coax connection for the Joeys never see a satellite connection, just a video stream and ip/internet traffic if bridging is enabled, only the hopper gets the sats.

From the way the joey behaves when I disconnect the coax and reconnect, my good guess is that Moca has priority on the dish streams and uses ethernet as backup.

With Uverse/Prism systems, if you use ethernet only, every port gets bombarded with the video streams and can hose the internet traffic, I have not seen that with Dish yet but like to keep them seperate just in case.

I cannot enable bridging. Hopper's will not let me. Every time I try to enable it, it defaults back to disabled.

This is not causing any issues though. Only one Hopper is connected to the HIC. The other Hopper and two Joey's run thru MOCA. The last time I checked, I was able to use the unused CAT Connectors on my boxes to connect to the internet, thus freeing up many of my homes wired connections.

I think I stated wrong about the one Hopper. I believe the HIC goes to my Node then to my network switch. Don't feel like climbing up in attic to look right now.

Last edited:
The HIC is already injecting ip/internet into the moca system so there no need for the Hopper to bridge something it cant, thats probably why its always disabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)