[BRIGHT HOUSE] Any New Central Florida BHN HD Channels Soon?

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Here in Central Florida, BHN has been promising the addition of 2-3 new HD channels. Initially it was rumored that the announcement would be in December, then it would be in February. Now that February has come and gone there has been no announcement.

I am moving in a month and if BHN would add a couple of decent channels to its lineup, I would consider switching to BHN from D*. I know Tampa often gets stuff before Central Florida does, so maybe some of the Tampa brethren know something. I would be happy with ESPN2 HD and a movie channel or two.

I know this forum isn't very busy, but if anyone knows anything, any news would be welcome.

Thanks.

I think the channels being added are ESPN2HD and NGCHD I dunno when that's happening though

Khandurian said:
Not sure, havent heard much about the new channels....

However, did you enjoy the fiber cut yesterday??

I bet you all the new HD channels will be these three below.

ESPN2 HD, The Movie Channel HD and Cinemax HD. These will be the first three to come. At some point after this NGC HD and MTV HD should be offered. Starz HD and Starz On Demand won't be available until at least closer to years end.

LonghornXP, I know I can't hold you to time frame but,,, do you have a time frame, by any chance when these announcements are coming? I will be moving by the end of march and it ESPN2HD and the 2 movied channels you noted are added, I would probably switch and give up FSN Florida and the other RSN alternate games. If StarzHD and Sci/Fi was added it would be no contest,, But no really, MAX and Starz adn ESPN2HD would be great. I just need it to happen with in the nest 3 weeks.

PLEASEEEEEEEEE tell me you know something you Tampa Cable King Pin - the Godfather of the CAT5 and RG6!
thanks in all seriousness.

Last edited:
Gator5000e said:
LonghornXP, I know I can't hold you to time frame but,,, do you have a time frame, by any chance when these announcements are coming? I will be moving by the end of march and it ESPN2HD and the 2 movied channels you noted are added, I would probably switch and give up FSN Florida and the other RSN alternate games. If StarzHD and Sci/Fi was added it would be no contest,, But no really, MAX and Starz adn ESPN2HD would be great. I just need it to happen with in the nest 3 weeks.

PLEASEEEEEEEEE tell me you know something you Tampa Cable King Pin - the Godfather of the CAT5 and RG6!
thanks in all seriousness.

I can promise TMC HD within 4 weeks but 3 weeks is cutting it close. Cinemax HD I just can't promise because a deal isn't done and things can change and again three weeks isn't giving much wiggle room. You flat out won't be getting Starz HD in three weeks as this channel might not even make it until 2007. Also SciFi isn't going HD and as such I can't give a timeframe for a channel that doesn't even exist.

ESPN2 HD I again also can't promise in three weeks as I've been told it won't be available until a little before MLB season starts.

I know this doesn't help you but it would be unwise for me to mislead you on this.

Sorry and I wish I could promise you something more. Also what if a deal is done and the Central Florida system fails to add the channel as quick as others and that again would be bad for you. It wouldn't be the first time the Central Florida system did this and it won't be the last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)