Bright House Goes All Digital

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
All previously analog channels will be availible to digital cable customers in digital format, As of 6 AM this morning you should notice the improvement as the channels will be virutally place on the same "channel" as you watched before so there is no special channel to goto. All channels 2-74 are now in digital format, which you may already notice beause of the extra delay now in changeing channels and also the clarity of them..

stevenl said:
All previously analog channels will be availible to digital cable customers in digital format, As of 6 AM this morning you should notice the improvement as the channels will be virutally place on the same "channel" as you watched before so there is no special channel to goto. All channels 2-74 are now in digital format, which you may already notice beause of the extra delay now in changeing channels and also the clarity of them..

I haven't heard anything about Bright House Networks going all digital and as such my analog channels are still analog and not QAM256. My next question is where did you hear this as you are a brand new member. Also what Bright House Networks area do you live in. What state and city do you live in also.

Ya i'd like to know what area that is too... cause it sure aint brevard county.... Or else I would have been told this morning before I sent my techs out in the field to be prepared for the change....

Khandurian....

Last edited:
Well it is the Central Florida System, All analog channels are now offerd in digital format, (when in test mode is was offerd by first going into the box diag then using channels 802-867) now it automaticly turns analog channels into digital source if you have a box, if you do not have a box it will remain the same, you will notice (if you are in the CFL area not sure of other BHN systems) that when watching "what was analog" that it takes longer for channels to load, as it normally does on digital channels and the quality is equal to that of our other digital channels..

PS: yes i am new to this forum because i never knew it exsited but have been in the cable industry for 5 years now (im only 23 so thats along time for me!)

PSS: Sorry for not saying CFL Area, im not sure when Tampa plans to launch it but it shouldnt be far behind, seeinghow useally tampa is the test site, but in this case CFL is since our new headend is being put into affect.

The brevard system is North ops i believe so it is fed from a different headend then orlando area, i believe they are fed from deland offices (If my geography is correct)

Last edited:
Welcome stevenl and you can understand why I said what I said. I'm very glad that BHN CFL has done this as maybe Tampa might do so as well. Also CFL has always been months ahead of BHN Tampa so I could care less about Tampa being the test site as we customers "always" get these things after nearly all TWC areas and "always" after BHN CFL.

thanks steven. just a dumb question...........i have both a standard dvr and hd dvr on my lcd flat panel. am i correct to assume, i can see the change on either of those boxes?

iceturkee said:
thanks steven. just a dumb question...........i have both a standard dvr and hd dvr on my lcd flat panel. am i correct to assume, i can see the change on either of those boxes?

All BHN digital boxes can view this change. This includes the basic digital boxes (IE. Explorer 2000 type boxes) plus all DVR and HD boxes including the HD DVR as well.

korsjs said:
any word on when tampa goes all digital?

I've spoken with both Mike and Shelly in the marketing department for BHN Tampa Bay and they tell me that its being looked into but they never have told me about anything until its almost done. All Shelly told me a while back was that sometime in 2006 they would be replacing every DVR box with another DVR box but she wouldn't say what software or brand it would be. She did say that at a certain date those boxes would no longer work if you didn't drop them off to get another box. Beyond that they haven't told me anything about all digital or any new HDTV channels. By the way I've never done well with these two people for some reason so I don't really press them much for information.

Sci-fi channel Battlestar Galatica Looked better for some reason

Recorded Fridays episode of BSG on Sci-fi and when I watched it late Saturday I thought I was dreaming that the picture looked so good for the sci-fi channel that I went to a live sci-fi program and did notice an improvement in the picture. I was quiet happy with the quality of channel 74 for some reason. Either BHN improved their analog signal for the Sci-Fi channel or it is digital.

Just called Brighthouse and told them I liked the improvement to their analog channels and explained to them that Sci-Fi's BSG looked great and asked what they did. Customer Rep did confirm that they are simuclast with the analog, told her to pass it on that it was great that they done that. Thank You. Brighthouse Networks of Central Florida.

Yes, this all digital is true, here in Orlando.
The funny part was the "now digital channels that were analogue" looked better than the already available digital channels. (i/e HBO, whatever) I had absolute pristine DVD quality picture on channels 2-100 for roughly 4 days. I was esatatic. That's What digital should look like. I was ready to pay my bill in advance for this made up for all of the past BHC problems. (wait for the BUT...)
But, After the 4 days, the quality totally dropped off and the picture went to looking like an overcompressed jpeged mess.
My wife asked why the quality looks like something we see on the internet, not something that should be viewed on a TV.
So it's not just me.

Mirage expect minor problems till everything gets worked out perfectly, personally i dunno why they lancuhed it so soon they didnt test it enough in the test mode, and we were only informed THE DAY IT HAPPEND that it had happend, no prior warning. But im sure theyll fix it, im in the ocoee area and it looks awsome here.

I'm not looking to start trouble or anything and I appreciate the help, and please do not take any offence to anything we discuss, but one's opinion of the picture quality to what we should be recieving is a big difference. I had a BHC super come by the other day to look into the issue I am having (he confirmed there is something there) and I showed him the differences in the picture quality I have with DVD recordings of some the broadcasts. He was amazed by the higher level it was over the couple of days, that was so much better than the normal every day we do receive. He became instantly disappointed, in his realization that I spoke the truth. HBO and all the rest of the digital channels (101+) look like mediocre analogue. Digital is supposed to deliver a crisp, clean DVD quality picture and sound. The reason BHC is not, I believe it is in the overcompression of the signals being sent to us. They are jamming too many channels on the same quam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)