Bright House Indy area: No more CBS!

cb80

Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
In the Indy area, as of 12:00am, WISH TV was been replaced with Starz Family! Hopefully this ongoing dispute will be settled for the sake of the customers. I bet a lot of people will switch from Bright House to dish, directv, or at&t.

I just got word that Bright House Networks and LIN TV has reached an agreement. Good news for CBS and Colts fans!

No more WANE, WPTA or WISE-TV

I just got word that Bright House Networks and LIN TV has reached an agreement. Good news for CBS and Colts fans!

Here in Marion, it's a hell of a lot worse. After WANE disappeared, and now WPTA and WISE-TV are being dropped--I am canceling Bright House after 13 years. However, I am switching to satellite (after I buy my first home) and I have an outdoor antenna to get Fort Wayne stations.

I am already in hot water with my landlord about this.

LIN has been known to be a greedy company. I hope BHN did not give into their demands.
BHN did not give into LIN TV's demands.

During the dispute, I told the Indianapolis Star, "LIN's pulling of WISH/WNDY and WANE are simply a colossal [bleep] move." The dispute was settled between LIN and BHN on 10/29/08, but WANE did not return, and that only led me to believe that they weren't going to provide FWA stations anymore. I was right a couple of weeks ago when I learend that WPTA and WISE were bing removed.

I understand that BHN is trying their damnedest to keep costs low, but (in my opinion) not offering WANE, WPTA, and WISE-TV, and potentially WFFT is a deal-breaker for me.

In the meantime, I am using an outdoor antenna to get Indy and FWA stations over the air. I do get all Indy stations with no problem (except WISH and WTTK). However, I am having problems getting Fort Wayne stations.

I followed the directions and recommendations and only got WPTA. More details here

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)