broadband caps

i have a question, i was reading about comcast putting a cap on broadband usuage and others thinking about doing it too. will this effect skyangel iptv?
here is a couple of webpages
Giz Explains: How Broadband Usage Caps Will Kill Internet Video
Putting a lid on broadband use - CNET News
god bless
john

I read that Comcast has instituted a 250 GB monthly cap. I am not sure about other providers. I once calculated that 3 hours of daily sky angel uses 36 GB per month of bandwidth. I based this off of 900 kbps stream rate of Sky Angel. I converted bits to bytes and multiplied by 30 days. I could be a little off but I think I'm in the ballpark.

I read that Comcast has instituted a 250 GB monthly cap. I am not sure about other providers. I once calculated that 3 hours of daily sky angel uses 36 GB per month of bandwidth. I based this off of 900 kbps stream rate of Sky Angel. I converted bits to bytes and multiplied by 30 days. I could be a little off but I think I'm in the ballpark.

You are well within the ballpark. I have Comcast with a 250 GB AUP and if I had Sky Angel on a TV channel for 10 hours a day (which I don't) I would use about 125 GB. I was told by a reliable source that the actual usage would come in at about 119 GB for 10 hours/30 days.

I think 250 GB is a very reasonable cap and I've experienced very few problems with my IPTV service; I may even consider TiVo in the future.:)

Jeff

You are well within the ballpark. I have Comcast with a 250 GB AUP and if I had Sky Angel on a TV channel for 10 hours a day (which I don't) I would use about 125 GB. I was told by a reliable source that the actual usage would come in at about 119 GB for 10 hours/30 days.

I think 250 GB is a very reasonable cap and I've experienced very few problems with my IPTV service; I may even consider TiVo in the future.:)

Jeff

As long as you're not one of these parents with a kid that downloads 4 full length movies a day..... you should be ok. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts