Brock Lesnar Vs Shane Carwin

Batista vs. Bobby Lashley Taking Place for Strikeforce?
Date Added: July 05, 2010
Story By: Marc Middleton
- A deal hasn't been reached between Batista and Strikeforce yet but Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed interest in a fight, bringing up the idea of Batista vs. Bobby Lashley. Batista was asked about Lashley as a potential opponent and said he would do it, but he wants a few fights to build to Lashley. Coker thinks if they can get Lashley vs. Batista on CBS with a good semi-main event then they can do big ratings.Batista, who is training, has hired a wrestling coach, a boxing coach and a Jiu Jitsu coach. Lashley is trying to recover from a knee injury that put him out of a fight back in June. It's said that Lashley's injury isn't healing as quickly as he would have liked.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

UFC News: Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez will not take place at UFC 119
Jul 7, 2010 - 01:14 PM By Rich Twilling
It was rumored that the Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez Heavyweight Championship fight would take place at UFC 119 in September. The event will be the UFC's first in Indianapolis. The fight will not take place and the show is still without a main event.UFC President Dana White texted the following to MMAFighting.com regarding the fight. "Reports that Brock is fighting in Indy Sept. 25 are false."Twill's Two Cents: I'm actually glad to hear this. As much as I want to see the fight, there is no reason to rush into it for either guy or the UFC. Velasquez hasn't fought since UFC 110, but the long layoff may prove to be no big deal at all. I'd love to see this fight around the new year. That could do a damn good buyrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)