Broken cover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
were the access card goes in on my HR21-700 My kids ripped off and broke it last night will directv replace it if I call or what can be done

I did and they said there is nothing only reason I ask here is Rad stonecold or anybody always seem to know the correct answer

I doubt they will replace it since it still works, but you might want to put some tape over it to keep the dust out.

Yup,

If you can tape it back into shape it will be ok. The square chip has to be in the correct position. Then tape the little door shut.

DTV will charge you $20.00 for a new one.

Joe

I will tape the door thanks see now they said there is no replacement

Just ask another CSR. They are $20.00. If you must just call the Access Card Department. Don't mention Stone Cold...he parks in their spot all the time.

Joe

Just ask another CSR. They are $20.00. If you must just call the Access Card Department. Don't mention Stone Cold...he parks in their spot all the time.

Joe

Now that's funny! Like I said, I doubt they will replace a working unit because the access door is broken.

They will not replace the reciver over a broken door .

Edit

Also do to weather conditions in the south ACDT ( access card dist team ) offices are closed

Do you have any other not being used HR recvrs ?
Chances are they would work, I've got a few units sitting in the closet, if you want I could send you a door from one of them, they are the older H-10's that have no value.

Why do you keep saying they cost $20.00?
:confused:

The OP is talking about the access card DOOR, not the access card.

He is probably referring to the shipping costs if you don't have the protection plan.

which we would not charge as no way in heck a phone tech would authorize an erp because of a broken door. and that is 19.95.

20 is for the card it self

It is posible it is really not broken. Mine has popped off sevral time before (H23-700) but I was able to snap it back into place. Being off does not affect the functionality, so --- duck tape? ;)

thanks Jimbo but I have a h23-100 so I will use that door since it is in my closet.

And it is broken in half

No, he said the AC card was torn up = $20.00 for a new card if needed. Duct tape for the door and a swat for the kid = priceless!

Joe

The OP never said his card was damaged, just the door. You brought up the possibility of a new card.

The OP never said his card was damaged, just the door. You brought up the possibility of a new card.

Sorry, reread the first post...trifocals being what they are......the "it" referred to the door and not the card.

So we need to get some duct tape and not spend the $20.00 on the card at this time.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)