Brrrriiiiipppp sound & audio/video issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
I am noticing the Brrrriiiiipppp sound and audio/video issues lately more and more on a variety of channels including ESPN, TNT,TBS,locals and other HD channels. don't see this on the SD channels.Signal strengths are all high and all the hardware seems fine.
anyone else going through these issues here? today espnews and espn2 have been jittering every 5 minutes:mad: i've read a large number of complaints on this at the other site.

Just out of curiosity (having D* installed soon), how long do these brrriiiiippp/jittering episodes last? When I had Dish Network, I noticed our ABC local HD channel would blank out for a couple of seconds every few minutes or so. The screen would actually turn yellow for a second too.

Been happening for months in the DC area, I gave up.....

we call directv about this and they respond with " we are not aware of such issues" and yet many are noticing this for months now as you already said.

I get this on CW channel 32 here in Portland, OR. It sucks. Luckily I don't watch that channel anyway. I used to try to for the Seinfeld reruns but I couldn't because of this audio glitch.

Now that TBS is showing HD Seinfeld I quit watching channel 32 altogether... It would be nice to get this fixed though!

Is this on a DVR unit or on a straight tuner?

I have noticed what I called "mini-glitches" before on my DVR & I would chalk it up to playback issue with the harddrive. Even when you are watching "live TV" on a DVR you are still watching the recording of live TV.

Next time it happens rewind & see if it repeats exactly the same way in the same exact spot. Usually if I rewind it plays smoothly over the same spot that previously glitched.
This tends to happen to me more often when the temperature in the unit is higher. I try to keep a small fan in my cabinet to circulate the air in there better & cool the different equipment down. (I have to keep everything enclosed because of the little hands that would be pulling it all out to play with:D)

Is this on a DVR unit or on a straight tuner?

I have noticed what I called "mini-glitches" before on my DVR & I would chalk it up to playback issue with the harddrive. Even when you are watching "live TV" on a DVR you are still watching the recording of live TV.

Next time it happens rewind & see if it repeats exactly the same way in the same exact spot. Usually if I rewind it plays smoothly over the same spot that previously glitched.
This tends to happen to me more often when the temperature in the unit is higher. I try to keep a small fan in my cabinet to circulate the air in there better & cool the different equipment down. (I have to keep everything enclosed because of the little hands that would be pulling it all out to play with:D)

yeah i've done that and yes it repeats in the exact same spot :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)