Bruce Sutter is finally in the Hall of Fame

Should Bruce Sutter enter the HOF as a member of the Cubs or Cardinals?

• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I say make them go in with the team they have the most years with.

In the event of a tie - make them go with the team where they had the best stats average during their tenure.

In the rare event of yet another tie, allow the player to choose ONLY between the teams that are in the tie.

It should always be up the player, period...

Who decides who clemens gets elected under? I'm sure if he was going in today he'd say houston but I don't think the committee would see it that way...he'd be in a red sox or yankee cap...

Give it to the Cubs. They need all the help they can get.... Futility for more than a century AND now the south side of town has rings and they don't.

Actually he had more saves, more strikeouts and more wins with the Cubs. And a Cy Young Award in 1979.

As a Cub fan, I remember him more as a Cardinal, b/c of my age. And b/c of Sandberg's two blasts against him in one game in 1984.

See, this is why it should only be up to him. Players should have to make this decision every 5 years after playing, to make sure that even in death, people know who they want to be elected under if they ever get the honor...and if they're still alive, there won't be a debate as to where they go, it'll be known the whole time.

He is going in as a Cardinal.

FYI, a player was able to choose before 2001, then it was rumored that Dave Winfield was attempting to shop his HOF affiliation. I think he eventually went in as a Padre.

So although I agree in principle, it shows what a bad apple can do for the logically correct process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)