BSC621-2 and using "my" 4 LNB DiSEqC switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I've not used a DiSEqC switch before. Don't know if I have my terminology correct...

I assume I can run two separate coax cables to my BSC621-2 and use my 4 LNB DiSEqC switch to switch between the C and Ku?

Question: Being as how the C LNB on the BSC621-2 connects to the C LNB with a DiSEqC 1 setting (Satcruiser) or Switch 1.0, LNB 1 setting on Fortec Mercury II?...

If I was to place a DiSEqC switch before the BSC621-2 C LNB/switch, I assume I would need to connect this to "LNB 1" on the 4 LNB DiSEqC switch?

Otherwise say connecting to LNB 2... wouldn't the receiver send a LNB 2 signal (whatever that is?) to the first 4 LNB DiSEqC switch, then connect to the BSC621-2 C LNB/switch and then tell that switch to use Ku?

Where as if using LNB 1, it would be LNB 1 to first switch, then LNB 1 to 2nd switch as well. And then I would get C??? (I don't know how these things work...)

I've been reading up on this DiSEqC business. Seems the receiver sends a "software command" to a DiSEqC switch which tells it which port/LNB to use.

So basically it sounds to me that if I ran 2 wires to the BSC621-2, one for C and one for Ku, then connected these to my own DiSEqC switch, I would need to connect the C band LNB to LNB 1 on my DiSEqC switch.

I think if I connected it to LNB, 2, 3, or 4, there would be problems.

Bill, I think you're making this harder than you need to. If you don't have anything else to connect to your external 4 lnb port diseqc, then you don't really need it. The bsc621-2 has a built in diseqc. You can run the short wire that comes with the lnbf from the middle connector (on top) to the connector labled "lnb", and then connect your 1 cable to the connector labled "rcvr". C-Band will be lnb 1 (or a) and ku wiht be 2 or b.

If you DO have other lnbfs that you need to use the external 4 port diseqc, then run your 2 wires from the bsc621-2 (one from the middle/top connector - that's ku, and one from the port labled "rcvr" - thats C) and connect them to any port on your external diseqc. By running two wires from the bsc621-2, you bypass the internal diseqc switch, so you don't have to worry about that anymore - use any ports on your external switch and be happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)