BSC621-2 and using "my" 4 LNB DiSEqC switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I've not used a DiSEqC switch before. Don't know if I have my terminology correct...

I assume I can run two separate coax cables to my BSC621-2 and use my 4 LNB DiSEqC switch to switch between the C and Ku?

Question: Being as how the C LNB on the BSC621-2 connects to the C LNB with a DiSEqC 1 setting (Satcruiser) or Switch 1.0, LNB 1 setting on Fortec Mercury II?...

If I was to place a DiSEqC switch before the BSC621-2 C LNB/switch, I assume I would need to connect this to "LNB 1" on the 4 LNB DiSEqC switch?

Otherwise say connecting to LNB 2... wouldn't the receiver send a LNB 2 signal (whatever that is?) to the first 4 LNB DiSEqC switch, then connect to the BSC621-2 C LNB/switch and then tell that switch to use Ku?

Where as if using LNB 1, it would be LNB 1 to first switch, then LNB 1 to 2nd switch as well. And then I would get C??? (I don't know how these things work...)

I've been reading up on this DiSEqC business. Seems the receiver sends a "software command" to a DiSEqC switch which tells it which port/LNB to use.

So basically it sounds to me that if I ran 2 wires to the BSC621-2, one for C and one for Ku, then connected these to my own DiSEqC switch, I would need to connect the C band LNB to LNB 1 on my DiSEqC switch.

I think if I connected it to LNB, 2, 3, or 4, there would be problems.

Bill, I think you're making this harder than you need to. If you don't have anything else to connect to your external 4 lnb port diseqc, then you don't really need it. The bsc621-2 has a built in diseqc. You can run the short wire that comes with the lnbf from the middle connector (on top) to the connector labled "lnb", and then connect your 1 cable to the connector labled "rcvr". C-Band will be lnb 1 (or a) and ku wiht be 2 or b.

If you DO have other lnbfs that you need to use the external 4 port diseqc, then run your 2 wires from the bsc621-2 (one from the middle/top connector - that's ku, and one from the port labled "rcvr" - thats C) and connect them to any port on your external diseqc. By running two wires from the bsc621-2, you bypass the internal diseqc switch, so you don't have to worry about that anymore - use any ports on your external switch and be happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts