BSC621 Ku S+Q improvement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry guys, I haven't had a opportunity to respond, wife had to go in for emergency surgery on Thursday. She is home now, a bit sore and drowsy, but doing well.

1ADAM: I am using a 1.2m dish with a sg2100 motor with a BSC621-2

Anole: I am reading Stogie wrote. Thanks for the link

14karat: I'm in Charleston, Ms. about 50 minutes south of Hernado.

Nick: Nice pics.

Now that I am back. I may be able to get some pictures of my mod upload this week.

madd

I read Stogies' post, looked at Nick's pics, and both are for prime focus dish. I am working with a 1.2m Channel Master. Is this even possibe with the BSC621-2 on such dish? I will keep testing until I find the answer. If someone has the answer I will take that, too. lol

I read Stogies' post, looked at Nick's pics, and both are for prime focus dish. I am working with a 1.2m Channel Master. Is this even possibe with the BSC621-2 on such dish? I will keep testing until I find the answer. If someone has the answer I will take that, too. lol

Hi Madd,

Hope the misses is feeling better, tough time of year to get ill.

Some one posted info about f/d of certain 1.2 meter dishes that worked as well with flat Scalar as Conical scalar.

You didn't mention what you are using.

Pro96, I'd be interested to see how well the our DMX741 will perform. Please let us know when you get a chance to try it.
:up

Yea no prob... as soon as I get a free chance to, I will and post ya some pictures too. :D

Here are some pics from my mod of the bsc621-2 with the 1/2" polycarbonate rings. I am using a 1.2m dish with flat scalar driven by a sg2100 motor, not in picture, powered by a pansat 2700 receiver. I am getting a signal quality of 55-60% on the c band side of most sats. 0% on ku side with or without the mod. I am still testing this so more results to follow.

Photo_101509_005.JPG Photo_101509_006.JPG Photo_101509_007.JPG Photo_101509_008.JPG

Photo_101509_010.JPG

Here are some pics from my mod of the bsc621-2 with the 1/2" polycarbonate rings. I am using a 1.2m dish with flat scalar driven by a sg2100 motor, not in picture, powered by a pansat 2700 receiver. I am getting a signal quality of 55-60% on the c band side of most sats. 0% on ku side with or without the mod. I am still testing this so more results to follow.
]

Try cementing in aluminum foil to the interior and edges of the ring. You have made an abrupt end to the waveguide that maybe disturbing the Ku signal.

Minimo - "I seal the gap with a strip of aluminum sheet and silicone RTV."

Makes perfect sense, I will give it a try. If this is the case, I can make the ring out of aluminum and this should solve this problem, right?

BSC621 Aluminum Spacer

Madd,

Aluminum spacer should work good. I like your approach of just using longer screws and spacer.

If you install Al spacer, don't apply silicone untill after you secure it with screws. Make sure you have good conductivity between parts. Otherwise you may create Intermodulation IM products that would kill the signal.

If it works and you have a Paypal account, I'll buy two:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)