BTN is waste of bandwidth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, just ask Appalachian State. :D

And LSU needs a good patsy pretending to be #1 in order to crush in the BCS Championship, just like Florida did last year.

LSU will have to lose to USC this year. Florida would have lost to them last year had they faced them. Michigan served as a good example instead!

:D

This is my point: why do we need a channel that is acually taking up 10 channels. We could use those for more national HD channels. Now they add the HD BTN and alt10 channels. There goes more bandwidth. You can't stay the HD leader if you use up all your empty space.

This is my point: why do we need a channel that is acually taking up 10 channels. We could use those for more national HD channels. Now they add the HD BTN and alt10 channels. There goes more bandwidth. You can't stay the HD leader if you use up all your empty space.

The Big 10 HD channels are sharing space with the already existing RSN's. No bandwidth loss here.

So you dont like the B10 channel. Fine.

Name a channel you DO like, and I bet theres a chance many of us Don't like it.

Its not a waste of bandwidth, its just like the RSN's in HD, when HD is on you will see it. B10 network is going to do ALL of its games in HD. does ESPN give yuo ALL its games in HD? ABC? NBC? NO.

So, B10 is leading the way in that regard.

And LSU needs a good patsy pretending to be #1 in order to crush in the BCS Championship, just like Florida did last year.[/QUOTE

I didn't compile this, just a cut and paste from a website......

"""Since the inception of the BCS system in 1998 B10 vs SEC head to head:

Overall: SEC 17 B10 16
SEC Home team: SEC 4 B10 O
B10 Home team: B10 3 SEC 2
Bowl Games: B10 13 SEC 11
# of winning Bowl seasons: B10 5 SEC 2 (2 ties)
Total combined scores of all Bowl games: 609-623
When B10 is higher ranked team: 6-6
When SEC is higher ranked team: B10 5 SEC 4
When both unranked or same rank: B10 2 SEC 1

So what myths are laid to rest here?
1) The SEC owns the B10. I guess that would depend on ones definition of "owns." The B10 has the edge in head to head Bowl competetiton during the BCS era. Top to bottom SEC strength, southern speed and ill feelings still harbord from the Civil War dont mean anything. Bowl games are best teams on best teams, head to head. The B10 leads 13-11. Period.

2) The B10 is overrated. Again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good opinion. When the B10 has the higher rated team in head to head Bowl competition the record stands at 6-6. When the SEC is the higher ranked team The B10 leads 5 games to 4. When both teams are unranked(or the same rank) the B10 leads 2-1.

3) UF's win over OSU shows how much better the SEC is. My only question here is if the B12 has permanent bragging rights over the SEC from Nebraska's 62-24 beating of a previously undefeated UF in the '95 Fiesta Bowl?

Dominance? I think not. Anyone willing to look deeper than a SportsCenter sound byte can see its even at best for the SEC."""

:up

And LSU needs a good patsy pretending to be #1 in order to crush in the BCS Championship, just like Florida did last year.[/QUOTE

I didn't compile this, just a cut and paste from a website......

"""Since the inception of the BCS system in 1998 B10 vs SEC head to head:

Overall: SEC 17 B10 16
SEC Home team: SEC 4 B10 O
B10 Home team: B10 3 SEC 2
Bowl Games: B10 13 SEC 11
# of winning Bowl seasons: B10 5 SEC 2 (2 ties)
Total combined scores of all Bowl games: 609-623
When B10 is higher ranked team: 6-6
When SEC is higher ranked team: B10 5 SEC 4
When both unranked or same rank: B10 2 SEC 1

So what myths are laid to rest here?
1) The SEC owns the B10. I guess that would depend on ones definition of "owns." The B10 has the edge in head to head Bowl competetiton during the BCS era. Top to bottom SEC strength, southern speed and ill feelings still harbord from the Civil War dont mean anything. Bowl games are best teams on best teams, head to head. The B10 leads 13-11. Period.

2) The B10 is overrated. Again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good opinion. When the B10 has the higher rated team in head to head Bowl competition the record stands at 6-6. When the SEC is the higher ranked team The B10 leads 5 games to 4. When both teams are unranked(or the same rank) the B10 leads 2-1.

3) UF's win over OSU shows how much better the SEC is. My only question here is if the B12 has permanent bragging rights over the SEC from Nebraska's 62-24 beating of a previously undefeated UF in the '95 Fiesta Bowl?

Dominance? I think not. Anyone willing to look deeper than a SportsCenter sound byte can see its even at best for the SEC."""

:up Well Done!

Looking at the HD lineup, ESPN is the only one worth paying for, but I'm not paying $20 a month extra for it. I'm glad they added BTN, go Bucks!

Except it is only two full time channels, the alts (sd and HD are only active for live games). So how is it taking the space of TEN channels?

BTN is the best thing to ever happen, yeah I want all the non-conference Wisconsin basketball games on ESPN 360 like last season which NOBODY CAN FRICKIN GET

BTN is showing all badgers NC games!!!!!!!! REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTN is the best thing to ever happen, yeah I want all the non-conference Wisconsin basketball games on ESPN 360 like last season which NOBODY CAN FRICKIN GET

BTN is showing all badgers NC games!!!!!!!! REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah amen for your case, and also for Illini fans, heck BTN is going to show the pre-season games, against D2 teams!

Now those games were NEVER televised before, or if they were, it would only be on WCIA and nothing else.

IMO B10 network is by far the best channel that dish has EVER added..

I have no use for Big Ten network either and I'm a huge sports fan. It should be only available in the states with schools in the conference and a la carte outside of the states. I don't want this channel increasing my bill by even 1 cent

So you dont like the B10 channel. Fine.

Name a channel you DO like, and I bet theres a chance many of us Don't like it.

Its not a waste of bandwidth, its just like the RSN's in HD, when HD is on you will see it. B10 network is going to do ALL of its games in HD. does ESPN give yuo ALL its games in HD? ABC? NBC? NO.

So, B10 is leading the way in that regard.

The difference is that the channel you don't like probably isn't costing Dish(and soon, us) nearly as much as Big Ten Network.

I have no use for Big Ten network either and I'm a huge sports fan. It should be only available in the states with schools in the conference and a la carte outside of the states. I don't want this channel increasing my bill by even 1 cent

So what's your point? Only people in the 8 states will be receiving the channel next year and it is free to the whole country until then. Therefore if you do not live in the Big10 states you won't have to pay even one cent.

BTN is the best thing to ever happen...

Hmm, in the millions of years the earth has been around and in August a channel launched that carries some sports games and has little affect on the majority of people in the world ends up being the best thing ever. Talk about a warped sense of best things ever!!! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts