BUD and HTS Tracker System 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RCKYMTNHI

Original poster
May 30, 2011
Colorado
I have an old HTS Tracker System 5 Receiver and an Echo Star BUD. The LNB's on the dish needs to be replaced because it was melted by the sun. Can this system be resurrected and used still? If so how and where can I buy replacement LNB's for the dish? How can I get service and or is there free satellites that I can point to? Or should I just abandon this idea and go with Dish or Direct?

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

Well, the sponsors of this site (listed at the top of the page) have replacements for the LNB's or upgrade to an FTA compatible LNBF. The older feeds used a servo to mechanically change polarity, unless it's an ortho, where there is 1 lnb per polarity. The new LNBF's sense the voltage and electronically change polarity. Some more info on the electronics in the front of the dish would let us know what feed horn you have, because of the many options. The receiver is pretty much just a dish mover and servo driver today, as almost nothing remains of analog. A used DVB SD receiver can be cheap on {fl}ebay. And there is a DVB-S2 DVR model that can be had new for under 200. (I have one) Big dish subscriptions - Need a DSR-410. 922 or 920, I believe there's only one source for the 410, other than private sales. Skyvision.com All big dish subscription channels are on one satellite today. If the dish has been "out of commission" for some time, there may be issues (rust) with the mount that will have to be addressed. Take some pics of the feed assembly, the overall dish, and some detailed pics of the dish mount and we'll all chime in with some recommendations. Forgot this: to see what's available via FTA, check The List, (link on the top of page) for C-band (Big dish) - Ku for small dish(~1meter)

Last edited:
Fat Air

Thanks for the information. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get you pictures as the location is a vacation house up in the mountains. I was checking the dish out this past weekend and it doens't look like there is rust on it. But I will take pictures of all the parts and write down information about the dish and receiver.

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)