alg_bills_chan_gailey.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billscoach&prov=ap&type=lgns

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

What an incredible blunder of a pick in my opinion. They had many many better choices than him.

When he was our offensive coordinator our offense never did much. I don't think this was a good hire. I feel bad for you sabres. Like salsa said, the bills head coaching job is beginning to look like the raiders job.no one really good wants it. But for your sake I hope I'm wrong

Bills Hire Gailey

Bills Hire Gailey - SportsCenter.com

Buffalo Bills have hired Chan Gailey as their new head coach, an informed Bills source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Bills have called a 2 p.m. ET news conference to make the announcement.

The Bills are impressed with how Gailey has brought teams to the playoffs with quarterbacks such as Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler. In fact, Bill Cowher - whom the Bills had been courting - highly recommended Gailey to the Bills. Gailey has coached in four Super Bowls and has had his teams go to the playoffs in 11 of his 15 NFL seasons.

What the hell does Bill Cowher know!! Maybe he should join this forum and learn a thing are too!:D:up

Did nobody ever see his mockery of a career at Ga Tech?!?!?! :eek:

We hollared for years for the school to get rid of him. I'm surprised anyone would pick him up to be their head coach.

Did nobody ever see his mockery of a career at Ga Tech?!?!?! :eek:

We hollared for years for the school to get rid of him. I'm surprised anyone would pick him up to be their head coach.

He did make stars out of Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice.

Nice fact from Florio on the local ESPN affiliate, for 14 years the teams Chan Gailey were involved with went on to the post season. That streak was broken during his stint with a rebuilding Chiefs team. This makes it look like a better move for a team that's been out of the playoffs for more than a dozen years themselves.

Success in the post season.. not so much, but a decent first step.

Brian Billick isn't happy with the hire...

"Why [G.M. Buddy Nix] had not called a coach with a Super Bowl ring, 10 wins a year for nine years, having orchestrated the highest-scoring offense and defense in the history of the league, is a question worth asking," Billick said, per WGRZ

Nice fact from Florio on the local ESPN affiliate, for 14 years the teams Chan Gailey were involved with went on to the post season. That streak was broken during his stint with a rebuilding Chiefs team. This makes it look like a better move for a team that's been out of the playoffs for more than a dozen years themselves.

Success in the post season.. not so much, but a decent first step.

Brian Billick isn't happy with the hire...

"Why [G.M. Buddy Nix] had not called a coach with a Super Bowl ring, 10 wins a year for nine years, having orchestrated the highest-scoring offense and defense in the history of the league, is a question worth asking," Billick said, per WGRZ

Marvin Lewis and Josh McDaniels already have jobs.

Calvin's the only reason he had one season with more than 7 wins. If it wasn't for that year, he would have been fired then instead of 2 years later.

Not like Tech fans were begging for his termination..Could not happen fast enough PLUS add the faked resume