Buffalo locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They probably don't reach Portland Maine, much less Calais.

If I plug in an am21 into a receiver that has locals from buffalo will that receiver be able pick up locals from my nearest city ? Forgive me as I have no idea how an am21 operates

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When you set up the AM21 you can specify the zip code where your are actually located, and those are the locals you will get through the AM21. However you still have to have an antenna appropriate to your location. And you can't guarantee all the locals will be available in the receiver's database.

Ok gotcha not sure there is an antenna strong enough for me to pick up Bangor ota from my location although I know nothing about ota ... With the rsn's for buffalo I notice that they use msg and yes are those on conus beam for nyc or does msg have a buffalo affiliate

Ok gotcha not sure there is an antenna strong enough for me to pick up Bangor ota from my location although I know nothing about ota ... With the rsn's for buffalo I notice that they use msg and yes are those on conus beam for nyc or does msg have a buffalo affiliate

You are definitely not going to get Bangor from where you are.

There is no buffalo affiliate it's regular MSG

Actually, I think Buffalo does get the MSG+ version rather than the regular MSG. I'll bet Iceberg would know. He's up on those things.

As for RSN, according to Directv.com shows both MSG and MSG+ for Buffalo (knicks and Sabres) then YES gets Yankees and FSN gets Mets and another gets the Indians, just not sure which beam those are on

Buffalo gets the NY RSN's (MSG, MSG+, SNY and YES) but you are blacked out of the NHL teams in NYC/NJ. Buffalo games are on (when the numbering was different) 638-1
RSN's are CONUS so yes you can get them in Canada

Buffalo gets the NY RSN's (MSG, MSG+, SNY and YES) but you are blacked out of the NHL teams in NYC/NJ. Buffalo games are on (when the numbering was different) 638-1
RSN's are CONUS so yes you can get them in Canada

You are still right... MSG is the only RSN that didn't go to the new numbering system. It is still 638 / 638-1 for NYa3 aka the Buffalo programming on MSG, and 634 and 635 for the MSG and MSG+ main feeds. 636 and 637 are still NYa1 and NYa2.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts