Buffalo Sabres game on Versus

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grosek

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
So I finally missed not having Versus last night when the Sabres were on that channel and not their normal MSG. I called in to Directv to see if there was any progress in this childish standoff and talked to the most uneducated associate on the phone. After 20 minutes of her just reading me the message that is displayed on the Versus channel now and not giving any further information, I asked to speak to a supervisor. She (her name was "Angel") told me she was going to connect me to a special department who could discuss this situation more...well this "special department" was merely me going back into que and speaking to another associate. when I finally spoke to a floor supervisor (Keith Moore) he explained to me that Directv has no plans to bring back Versus to their lineup and has no plans to further talk with Comcast about this. Keith told me that they were receiving a larger then normal number of complaints last night because the game was not on Versus. To compensate me for the loss of the game he offered the NHL Center Ice package to me completely free (approx. $165) and I received a $165 credit to my bill as well. so I asked him wouldn't that show to Comcast that Directv has the money to pay for the channel? His response was that they would rather retain the customer then lose them to cable or Fios. Guess this saga will continue.

So I finally missed not having Versus last night when the Sabres were on that channel and not their normal MSG. I called in to Directv to see if there was any progress in this childish standoff and talked to the most uneducated associate on the phone. After 20 minutes of her just reading me the message that is displayed on the Versus channel now and not giving any further information, I asked to speak to a supervisor. She (her name was "Angel") told me she was going to connect me to a special department who could discuss this situation more...well this "special department" was merely me going back into que and speaking to another associate. when I finally spoke to a floor supervisor (Keith Moore) he explained to me that Directv has no plans to bring back Versus to their lineup and has no plans to further talk with Comcast about this. Keith told me that they were receiving a larger then normal number of complaints last night because the game was not on Versus. To compensate me for the loss of the game he offered the NHL Center Ice package to me completely free (approx. $165) and I received a $165 credit to my bill as well. so I asked him wouldn't that show to Comcast that Directv has the money to pay for the channel? His response was that they would rather retain the customer then lose them to cable or Fios. Guess this saga will continue.

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal for the loss of 7-8 games the Sabres will be on. Unless the Sabres make the playoffs and run deep in them.

FYI, if you are considering switching to TWC to get the Versus feed, be advised if you go for the NHL CI Package there; there is few games on the package in HD compared to Dish or Direct, and the SD version of the games on a HDTV are pretty nasty, compared the HD PQ of the Sat companies. Nasty enough that I will be subbing to one of those Sat companies before the free preview ends on the 24th of the month.

Getting NHLCI free is a really good deal. I have cable as a backup to D* and you missed one of the best all-around games that the Sabres have played in a long time. I really hope what you were told isn't accurate, because I want VS back on D*. Especially for the playoffs.

It was actually funny I got to watch the game off of Bell TV and they had the VS HD feed on TSN-2 HD. There was some guy holding up a sign telling DirecTV that he wanted VS back.

While I, too, got in on the free Center Ice deal, it still doesn't change the fact that I couldn't watch my Sabres stomp the Red Wings the other night. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)