Buffer length/time on 622

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
What's the "approx" buffer time on the 622 receiver on an HD channel ? I presume it's also "approx" two times that value for an SD channel.

I've got SNL on right now and tried to rewind it but can only go back 19 minutes (that was about 5 minutes ago). Now I can go back ~25 minutes. That makes it look like I changed channel 20 minutes before I tried the first time but I did NOT.

I have L4.44 software currently. I'm positive the buffer was a fair amount longer than that in the past.

What's the "approx" buffer time on the 622 receiver on an HD channel ? I presume it's also "approx" two times that value for an SD channel.

I've got SNL on right now and tried to rewind it but can only go back 19 minutes (that was about 5 minutes ago). Now I can go back ~25 minutes. That makes it look like I changed channel 20 minutes before I tried the first time but I did NOT.

I have L4.44 software currently. I'm positive the buffer was a fair amount longer than that in the past.
1 hour if you have been tuned to the channel for that hour, sd and hd are the same, 1 hour

I definitely didn't change channels so there could have been a glitch when I wasn't paying attention.

If I'm buffering a channel, and then decide that I want to record it, am I able to just hit record and get the entire show (assuming I started buffering before the start of the show).

I tried this the other night, and it only started recording where I was on the show till the end.

There are two possibilities and in my experience, neither is guaranteed:

1) Rewind back to the beginning and then hit REC

2) Hit REC, then Options, and pick "Record Entire Event" from the choices

There are two possibilities and in my experience, neither is guaranteed:

1) Rewind back to the beginning and then hit REC

2) Hit REC, then Options, and pick "Record Entire Event" from the choices

I've done option 1 on this and it works every time.

I've done it too when I *know* it's been on that channel since the beginning and I didn't get the option though..... hence why I added the "neither is guaranteed" part.