Bug in version 7.2x, (anyone else?)

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Got 7.26(?) a few days ago and so far this has happened 3x already. Symptom: when I change channel, channel won't change. I see the banner comes up and shows the channel I'm switching to, but the actual video stays the same. Worse, the audio goes dead. Solution: Have to reboot to get back to normal op.

using components out, set to 1080i.

I am using 1080i and DVI and got the update on just one box and haven't seen that behavior... I am going to stick it to see if others are experience this problem. Please post whether or not you are. Also post resolution and connection type.

No problem here. Component out, 1080i, usually tune from EPG, not CH up/down.

Brian

I should add all 3x this happened I keyed in ch# directly, which is my normal way.

I still have 6.20 and that happened to a few of my program planners, I saw it in the recording, the banner came up to change channels and it never did.

I have the update and haven't seen that problem. Heads-up, though: my SD output (to DVD-R) was really choppy until I did a hard boot.

Brian

Mine just drops to raster and I have to reboot.

That's it for me, guys. I'm out. I finally quit talkin' and made the call.

I wish you all the very best.

barth2k said:
I should add all 3x this happened I keyed in ch# directly, which is my normal way.
I tried switching channels by keying them in as you suggested, but so far I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. 7.26 works well for me. Channel switching is very quick with no artifacts, and I haven't seen the old no-sound problem (which happened too often in 6.20). I am in 1080i mode over DVI, if it matters.

StingyScotsman said:
That's it for me, guys. I'm out. I finally quit talkin' and made the call.

I wish you all the very best.

I quit in Aug. and I'm still getting a monthly VOOM invoice with a $ 0.00 balance for service. I just got one today for service between Nov 17 - Dec 16.

I've never dealt with a such an inept billing department before VOOM.

VOOM can't go under fast enough for me.

barth2k said:
Got 7.26(?) a few days ago and so far this has happened 3x already. Symptom: when I change channel, channel won't change. I see the banner comes up and shows the channel I'm switching to, but the actual video stays the same. Worse, the audio goes dead. Solution: Have to reboot to get back to normal op.

I haven't been keeping on with the website this has happened twice to me... also the CallerID thing, I turned that on... it Displayed 1 phone call it was SO AWESOME.. but now it doesn't show anymore phone numbers whats the deal? I don't have audio drops but twice I went to change the channel and it just shows me the info and doesn't change...

barth2k said:

Also having this problem although I don't lose audio, I lose video. 3 times in 2 days. Caller Id also works intermittently. Also when I hide channels it changes it back when I turn receiver off. Have to rehide them. Also using components out set to 1080i.

CallerID Problem?

Today I have a problem with CallerID, where it displays the name and number of the previous call, not the current call. Anyone else having this problem?

One of my boxes is working fine;however, the other box the program guide will not load. Also when I manually input any satellite channel, it tells me the channel is unvailable and all my OTA channels work fine. Has any one experienced this problem or did my a board in my stb get fired. I did call Voom and they are going to give me another stb.

This has happened to me too. The channel will be locked onto the same channel, but I can bring up the mini-guide or the full guide just fine. The only way to get the channel to "unfreeze" is to reset the STB.

I have also seen the same thing described here. The guide is working and moving fine, but my box locked on one channel. I had to reset it. I had this occur in my two boxes.

I've had this problem once where the picture froze, but the surf bar was still active. No picture, but sound was there.

I've also had the picture freeze as a mini-picture in the upper right corner. When I exited the Voom menu, the picture didn't go back to full screen. It was still active with sound, but stuck in the corner!

A soft reboot fixed both problems, but introduces the known problem of clearing out the hidden local channels.

-John

jgantert said:
I've had this problem once where the picture froze, but the surf bar was still active. No picture, but sound was there.

I've also had the picture freeze as a mini-picture in the upper right corner. When I exited the Voom menu, the picture didn't go back to full screen. It was still active with sound, but stuck in the corner!

A soft reboot fixed both problems, but introduces the known problem of clearing out the hidden local channels.

-John
youre not alone with this problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)