Bug or Normal Behavior....either way DISH please fix this.

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
When you start of recorded program from the begining, while it is still recording, then stop it, why do I not have a resume feature from another tv? Example wife starts show in the basement while doing laundry, show starts recording at 8:00pm, its now 8:25. Shes done with laundry at 8:45pm and stops the show, wants to resume from the upstairs tv but there is no resume playback. She has to start from begining and fast forward to where she left off.

Please to keep the WAF (wife approval factor) high on the hopper system, fix this for me.

It sux for sure, but that is just the way it is. Doesn't matter what TV either. Its the same on the TV that initiated the recording. I love the Hopper/Joey, but admit that is crappy.

It sux for sure, but that is just the way it is. Doesn't matter what TV either. Its the same on the TV that initiated the recording.
Not if that TV is paused and and resumed within an hour (for HD).

If I am understanding the question, you can't resume from a recording program on DISH receivers. You need to go to the DVR and start that program, go to where you left off and then anytime you pause you can pick up from there. (Or start the program and pause anytime you don't have to go to where you left off)

Last edited:
If I am understanding the question, you can't resume from a recording program on DISH receivers. You need to go to the DVR and start that program, go to where you left off and then anytime you pause you can pick up from there. (Or start the program and pause anytime you don't have to go to where you left off)

No, the issue is viewing/playback restriction of a program while it's still being recorded. While the program is being recorded, you can select it in the DVR, and start viewing it. If you stop viewing, and come back to it again later while its still being recorded, it will not pick up where you left off. It will start from the beginning, and you will have to FF to where you left off. Doesn't matter which TV. As stated a few posts back, there is a work around when viewing it from the TV that initiated the recording, but still pretty lame if you ask me.

No, the issue is viewing/playback restriction of a program while it's still being recorded. While the program is being recorded, you can select it in the DVR, and start viewing it. If you stop viewing, and come back to it again later while its still being recorded, it will not pick up where you left off. It will start from the beginning, and you will have to FF to where you left off. Doesn't matter which TV. As stated a few posts back, there is a work around when viewing it from the TV that initiated the recording, but still pretty lame if you ask me.

I guess I didn't explain it well, that's exactly what I meant, and is the case with my 612. There are threads about that very thing apparently with Direct you can do what is being asked. I was not aware of what Dare2be posted, did not know the 2nd (SD) TV could access the recording program from the HD TV from the pause spot.

I guess I didn't explain it well, that's exactly what I meant, and is the case with my 612. There are threads about that very thing apparently with Direct you can do what is being asked. I was not aware of what Dare2be posted, did not know the 2nd (SD) TV could access the recording program from the HD TV from the pause spot.
Actually, it works both ways. More commonly, you have Record Plus set to record from TV2, and from TV1 you can chase play, stop and resume the DVR title where you left off while TV2 is doing the recording.

Except the 622/722/722k/(625?). If you start watching a DVR recording in progress FROM THE OTHER TV, you can stop and resume just fine.

Bingo!!!!

Gotcha.:)

Actually, it works both ways. More commonly, you have Record Plus set to record from TV2, and from TV1 you can chase play, stop and resume the DVR title where you left off while TV2 is doing the recording.

Yep!!

I'm guessing the same can be said about the 612, provided that tuner 2 is doing the recording, you should be able to stop/resume chase play on a recording while tuner 2 is being used to do the recording.

I think this is thread #5298 on this "issue" and it's just one of the few things that the ViP 722 and older can do that Hopper can't. It would be nice to have the feature back, but it's not a "must-have" by any means.

It probably has something to do with how the Joey and the Hoppers communicate. With those ViP models you referenced, you are still interacting with the same box, it's just outputting the signal to another room. With the Hopper/Joey combo the two devices need to talk to one another. Moving from one room to another isn't as elegant as it should be. You shouldn't have to go back and forth between rooms to pause the stream... join it on the other box... then go back to the original box and turn it off. My wife didn't use the feature for a while and she forgot that she had to hit the red button in order to bring up the screen to select the tuner that's paused. Maybe eventually, Dish will get it right.

I think this is thread #5298 on this "issue" and it's just one of the few things that the ViP 722 and older can do that Hopper can't. It would be nice to have the feature back, but it's not a "must-have" by any means.

Not if you use them in single mode.

Sent from my iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)