Bugs!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Yeah being an early adopter means dealing with bugs. Tried to go into Apps. I used the cancel button to get out. It got out but kept the apps screen up, couldn't see the video. But I could pull up the menus. Went back into Apps and used the X to get out. Even better got a "404 Not Found" screen without and video of any kind, no menus, no nothing. Had to do a reset.

Selecting Help on the menu screen gives me an instant blue screen with audio and a cursor, have to restart to fix.

Character Zero said:
Yeah being an early adopter means dealing with bugs. Tried to go into Apps. I used the cancel button to get out. It got out but kept the apps screen up, couldn't see the video. But I could pull up the menus. Went back into Apps and used the X to get out. Even better got a "404 Not Found" screen without and video of any kind, no menus, no nothing. Had to do a reset.

I had that happen to me the first time I had our showroom receiver up and running. That what still running on beta software at the time though. I'm not a big fan of any apps on any receiver. I've always disliked them on the 722 and 622. I always thought that Dish interactive was a piece of crap. Most times I tried using apps on other receivers it was either really slow of it locked up.

Strange thing was PTAT was going on and only half the shows started recording again. One show on ABC said it was recording but it wasn't. The shows on NBC and CBS created a new recording. So the moral of the story is don't mess around with new software while recordings are in progress.

I wasn't even trying the Apps, just clicked on the App icons to see what was there. Then when I used " Cancel" to exit out, it left the app screen instead of Video from the tuners. Menus worked so I tried to go back into Apps and use the "X" to close it. Thats when I got the 404 screen and at that point you are dead in the water until a reboot.

Scott, how about a running Bug list sticky that people can post bugs they are seeing and you could put them in the first post if you see multiple people post the same thing. When the tech set mine up, he went to help as well, and could not get out of it, had to reset the box. You could see the pointer move around, but there was nothing to select. I have also seen a semi-bug where the Weather Channel App semi locked up when I went to add a new city. I was able to exit out and then go back in, and then it let me enter my city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts