My install experience

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Had a good install, I was his fourth install and he had done his own system too. There were a couple of issues where I think he was confused about some things and so was I. I tried not to be all "I know more than you" and he acknowledged that there were some things he didn't know that I did. The configuration at the box outside too only a few minutes. He knew to hook up the Hopper first and then the Joey after everything was completed. He did a factory reset on the Hopper. One thing he said was out of the box the Hoppers were set for the WA and they had to be forced to the EA sats. Strange thing was we had it hooked up HDMI and we got a picture for most of the install. Then it rebooted and there was no video signal. Had to get an RCA cable from the Joey(!) box to get video. Went through the setup and set the resolution so we could go back to HDMI. Then we set the Joey up and it was a piece of cake. The longest was definitely the software updates. All in all, had a good install, no real glitches except for the video thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)