Buh Bye Charlie, Hello DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tried Directv but the audio dropouts, slow receiver response and a large number of missing national HD channels made me stick with Dish. Dish hardware is still much better than D*. I don't watch sports and I have no interest in MRV. Dish does have its drawbacks of course - receiver fees being the most glaring, but overall they still have the best product.

And it does pain me to say that, but its true.

We both know directv ka band is very weak and it takes time and skill to get a good signal on a ka/ku

You and who else know this? Not me, that's for sure. I have installed two ka/ku dishes. It took me a total of ten minutes to dial in the second one using the meter in the dvr to do it. I wouldn't recommend someone that isn't reasonably skilled and confident to do it. Perhaps you need to hone your install skills.

Then you did not install it right,you cannot peak a ka-ku dish with a dvr.It's installers like you that give direct a bad name.

Don't tell me to hone my install skills,I am sure that I would out install you any day direct,dish or fta

We both know directv ka band is very weak and it takes time and skill to get a good signal on a ka/ku
I have had no problems since my slimline was installed. Didn't seem to be a pain to install either.

I will admit that it probably goes out sooner but it is not that much of a difference. I have both directv and dish side by side.
In either case it is not so much of a problem that you would need the competitions box on standby to watch off of the hard drive. I think that is why you got labeled a troll. Not saying that you are. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Then you did not install it right,you cannot peak a ka-ku dish with a dvr.It's installers like you that give direct a bad name.

Don't tell me to hone my install skills,I am sure that I would out install you any day direct,dish or fta

With signal levels all in the 90s except for two or three in the high 80s, it is installed right. What makes you think I am an installer? I never said, nor inferred that I was.

I would love to see the ka/ku dish you installed in 10 minutes.That would be some great comedy.

I didn't say I installed it in 10 minutes. I said I dialed it in in 10 minutes. Do you have comprehension issues? You are a little new here. Try to read a post thoroughly before you respond to it.

Here's a nice Final Jeopardy clue.

The category: Satellite TV
The answer: This sattellite provider which launched March, 1996 denies every sub to YES Network, MLB Network and is currently in a dispute with MSG Network, MSG +, and CSN Calfornia.

Really? I installed a Slimline dish on our townhouse balcony with nothing more than a APP on my phone. Not expensive equipment and I am not a skilled installer (the first Dish I installed myself) and it took me about an hour to get everything up and running (locked into 99, 101, and 103)

I did.

Used the phone to find the birds. Aimed the Dish at 101 (used to info on the DVR and the addressed to help me get the right settings). Then tweaked it until I got 99 and 103 in clear. Ended up with 70s through 90s on all transponders and didn't even lose a signal when it snowed.

It seems you maybe wrong

Your gonna need them every time a cloud passes overhead with directv's touchy ka hd satellite signals ;
Boy I guess I'm making a mistake upgrading to HD then? Considering I live in MN where we get snow alot according to what you say I'll be able to watch HD about 30% of the time then :rolleyes:

Iceberg said:
Boy I guess I'm making a mistake upgrading to HD then? Considering I live in MN where we get snow alot according to what you say I'll be able to watch HD about 30% of the time then :rolleyes:

Your Dish just needs to be aligned right and you should be good.

With Dish we would loose signal on all channels with the little snow we get here in AZ. And it would be sticking on the dish itself. Never lost signal because of clouds, snow and rain, except REALLY heavy rain. And my Dish dish was smaller than my D's dish.

Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)