Building a dish from Coke cans?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I was looking at some photos from Iraq the other day and saw this guy who sold satellite dishes pounded out of old cans (looked like Pepsi).

Anyone ever done one of those? A little DIY project? Would be kind of neat to try it. Wonder if the plans are out there on the net.

Can't remember where I saw the picture, but it did look a lot like the one you linked to.

I'm thinking they probably take a 'real' dish and then hammer out a copy with the soda cans. Not sure how it would work though.

That looks pretty interesting. Good way to recycle cans and make good use out of them to have a cheap dish.

Coolest picture I've seen all week :)

In fact, that really makes me want to try and do that for a project sometime. I'm guessing they just pounded out a new dish on top of another one, which would be helpful if I had a 1m dish :)

Still, I'm guessing those things wouldn't last too long during a thunderstorm here in Minnesota.

This is the kind of post that I like to see! I have dreams of building dishes out of everything from plastic to plywood. Thanks Penguinsx!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts