Building New House

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csloan1981

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2016
Arkansas
I'm building a new house and need I need 10 Recs. I guess I'll need 1 HR54 1 C61 2 C41 and six h25's? but will I need 4 cables coming from the dish so Directv can put in a switch?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

NOT necessarily, since there are now 13 channel (tuner) LNB's available, which also access all the slimline dish birds: (including 119)
http://iamanedgecutter.com/docs/5D2RB LNB Edgecutter Review.pdf

HOWEVER, since I do firmly believe in having too many coax runs...if the location where you dish is going is going to be hard to (re)run more coax at a later time, I'd certainly do it now, as cheap insurance. You might even want to consider another run for a possible OTA antena.

With the receivers you've listed, you only need 11 tuners out of your LNB, so you would actually have a couple spare channels available.
Also, with THAT many receivers, & depending on how many people are in your house, you might want to seriously consider maybe making 1-2 of the H25's, into HR24's? You can still share ALL of the DVR's shows with each other, as well as ALL of the other receivers, including the thin clients.

NOT necessarily, since there are now 13 channel (tuner) LNB's available, which also access all the slimline dish birds: (including 119)
http://iamanedgecutter.com/docs/5D2RB LNB Edgecutter Review.pdf

HOWEVER, since I do firmly believe in having too many coax runs...if the location where you dish is going is going to be hard to (re)run more coax at a later time, I'd certainly do it now, as cheap insurance. You might even want to consider another run for a possible OTA antena.

With the receivers you've listed, you only need 11 tuners out of your LNB, so you would actually have a couple spare channels available.
Also, with THAT many receivers, & depending on how many people are in your house, you might want to seriously consider maybe making 1-2 of the H25's, into HR24's? You can still share ALL of the DVR's shows with each other, as well as ALL of the other receivers, including the thin clients.
I agree with everything you mentioned here ....
Just want to verify with others ... is the 13 tuner LNB the standard now, or is there a potential for the installer to not have one on the truck ?
That said, you would expect the order to go with the 13 seeing the number of recvrs involved.

The standard on LNBs varies on market. A couple markets are testing a second generation reverse band, some areas use DSWM gen 1, others use Gen 2. I believe there are still a few markets that still have the original SWM hardware but if you are getting a 4k receiver you should also be receiving a reverse band LNB no matter where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok but the HR54 has 7 tuners?? Plus 6 h25's so that's 13 and if I use a hr24 in place of a 25 then I'll need a switch and 4 runs to the dish

Ok but the HR54 has 7 tuners?? Plus 6 h25's so that's 13 and if I use a hr24 in place of a 25 then I'll need a switch and 4 runs to the dish

I would be safe and run 4, this way your covered either way.

Ignore the extra 2. Those are for reverse band only and not currently utilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a side note:

Do yourself a favor and run some PVC pipe to your important points, for example in your home theater from your receiver area up to different locations in your room's ceiling. so you can access and run wires quickly. It's relatively cheap to do & allows your system to expand without future carpentry reconstruction costs. Helps for the expansion of speakers especially, as in the case for example, a Voice of God Speaker.

If you do this, you may want to consider running 3 sets of piping. One for left speakers, One down the center of the ceiling, and one for right speakers. And don't forget about the back wall. The other thing is... you may want to run PVC piping from the utility room, if that is where Directv comes into the house to the locations in the home where the coax might ultimately go to. This allows for easy access for Internet cabling as well. When workers have had to access my home, where I did this, to work on cabling issues, they've always thanked me for how easy their job was. When they walk in the door, I simply hand them a fish tape.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)