G1-08 Cartoon Network
G0-17 TV Land
G9-04 Starz! - East
G9-08 Starz! - West
G9-12 Starz! Edge
G9-16 Encore
G9-20 Encore Westerns

tdti1 said:
This should make those slow people finally get a 4dtv :)

Depends on where they pick up the DCII feeds from. I heard that Time Warner had selected PowerVu for their cable end feeds. If the 4DTV feed is merely HITS programming, you'll be in for an unpleasant PQ surprise.

Satellite Expert said:
If the 4DTV feed is merely HITS programming, you'll be in for an unpleasant PQ surprise.

It's still better than going to the Dark Side, i.e. Dish, DirectTV.

Satellite Expert said:
Depends on where they pick up the DCII feeds from. I heard that Time Warner had selected PowerVu for their cable end feeds. If the 4DTV feed is merely HITS programming, you'll be in for an unpleasant PQ surprise.

NPS said they will have all the feeds on 4dtv, I do not know from what bird if from HITS or reuplinked.

They should have done this a long time ago. And they HAVE to drop the price of the 4DTV receiver. I spent like $1,300 to upgrade to a 4DTV a few years ago.

I know they are cheaper now, but for most people, the price is just not worth it.

It would also be nice if they could somehow manage to put all the DC II channels on the same satellite. It would be difficult for anyone to compete with them if they did that.

"It would also be nice if they could somehow manage to put all the DC II channels on the same satellite. It would be difficult for anyone to compete with them if they did that."

Ain't that what Dish/DTV does? I love the fact that my dish moves, I paid $1700 for my 922 when it first came out, worth every penny :)

Satellite Expert said:
I heard that Time Warner had selected PowerVu for their cable end feeds.
Time Warner has been using PowerVu for a few years. I have, on occassion, seen CNN Airport Network, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Turner South, and TNT west. But, it's been some time since I've seen any of these in the clear. And I beleive these were the first channels I encountered with AC3 audio, which I had no receiver at the time that would decode it. At the time, I didn't even know why I couldn't get any sound. Even though I now have a capable receiver for AC3, I just don't even bother to check and see if they're temporarily back in the clear any longer, as Turner South would be my only interest and I now get it through D*. Bummer!!!!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)