burst media tool bar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_man_one

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
how do i get rid of the annoying toolbar that pops up at bottem of the screen?

You mean a pop up ad on this site, or you have gotten some kind of toolbar attached to your web browser? Google may provide the answer if its a drive-by download.

its satguys thing not malware.... burstmedia it tells me to click here to watch tv... it annoys me

Burstmedia bar at bottom

The Burstmedia bar at the bottom of the page is blocking some of the normal text on pages. If you scroll ALL the way down, you can see 'fragments' of something in the shadow of the bar. When I used AdBlock (temporarily) to remove this new bar, it's DEFINITELY blocking info.

Running Chrome on XP. Will see what happens with Chrome on Mac OS X tomorrow.

Glad to know about it.
However, the proper place to complain about crap like that (whatever it is) is in the Operations Center.
Here's an open thread on the matter, already.

I suspect adding that was what screwed up the forum this afternoon. :(

Personally, I have my shields up and don't get it...
... and if I did, I'd scream bloody murder... or leave. ! - :up

I suspect adding that was what screwed up the forum this afternoon. :(
Nope the problem was that due to the DISH Network Satellite Failure the amount of users online jumped from 1000 to 6000 and brought the server to a crawl (the current server is rated to around 3000 people online at once... not 6000 online at once.)

So after making some quick changes and turning off some CPU hogging features I was able to make the system stable again.

As far as the new bar on the bottom it is something we are testing, it is seen by unregistered members and registered members but not by Pub Members. Depending on the revenue it draws it may allow me to remove ads from other parts of the site. I would LOVE to get rid of a lot of the ads and if the earnings are so good on this video bar as they say then it might help with that. :)

Thanks for the information Scott. Events like that must mean you have to stay close to the control center, what if Satelliteguys AND dish both went down at the same time!

I'll have to check that on my home computer since messing with the ad-block on the work machines to view it upsets our IT dept. What does it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)